Chapter 22

Chapter 22- Power vs Mind

"Uraraka! Ye were awesome back there! So quick and strategic, reminds me of a Light Fury!" You beamed at the brown haired girl, making her flustered and fiddle with her phone

"Thank you (Y/N), but that means I need to work harder next time!" She grinned, rubbing her neck.

"If ye need any healing, I'm here. I wish to see Zuku battle," You gave her a quick hug before leaving the room.
'Ma is very strong and quick, just like Uraraka. Every human here just reminds me of home... I want to go back home... But I can't leave just yet,' You sniffed, wiping small tears from your eyes.

You then bumped into someone, which was Izuku.
"Hey, Zuku. Are ye ready f-" You didn't finish as Izuku grabbed your hand and dragged you away down the hall. You didn't fail to see the familiar flame hero around the corner.

"Hey, what happened?" You whispered to him, but Izuku just shook his head.
"You don't need to worry about it," You were surprised at his sudden tone, but ignored it.

"Either way, I'll be rooting for ye,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Only a few minutes until the round will begin.
"So (Y/N), anything reminding you of home?" Iida asked you, and you shrugged.
"I'm not sure about Zuku, but Todoroki's reminds of of a Bewilderbeast and a Snow Wrath, pure ice power is effective when it comes to dragons," You explained.

'The majority of dragons can't handle cold temperatures. Whether weakness or strength, ice is part of our culture,' You thought.

"And begin!!"

In an instant, Todoroki shot ice out, and Izuku used his fingers to crush them away. You covered your eyes as ice hits you, and was in awe.
'Awesome power Zuku,' You thought, and he countered the ice attack again, breaking another finger.

"You can do this,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let's continue," Todoroki said, and shot more ice out. Izuku hissed in pain, breaking more fingers at each power. Todoroki rushed forward and slammed ice on the ground, Izuku dodging it with a jump.

His leg was frozen, who Izuku managed to break with a punch. The dust settled, and Todoroki was still standing.
"You and Allmight, working together for you to be the best," He taunted, making Izuku glare at him.

"What shame he must feel, seeing you holding back, not reaching full power," He scoffed, while Izuku spotted something around his arm.

"Seems like someone I know," That made Todoroki glare at him, and Izuku cursed himself for opening his mouth.
"All of this brooding, and for what? Do you not realize that you have control of your own body?" Izuku asked him, but Todoroki ig fired him.

"Look at him, he's furious that I'm not using his power, you can't fight anymore with your injured arm," He said and shot more ice forward, but Izuku used his broken finger to crush it all away.
'Dammit! I need to get him off guard, find a weakness,' He thought, before shifting his eyes into the crowd.

"Hey, I noticed something," He breathed out, making Izuku furrow his eyebrows.
"Back in the first round, the reason you responded to that Shinso guy, was because he provoked something in you," That made the bushy haired boy tense a little.

"He said something bad about something... or someone," Todoroki watched his actions, finding the weak point.
"Tell me, what would happen if I defeat you now? You won't be able to stop me anymore, and it will give me enough time to destroy that little dragon friend of yours," Izuku got memories of first round.

'He's provoking me, but I won't let that happen again,' Izuku gulped, and stood tall.
"I know what it's like to live in fear, to see my life burn, my family broken. Even as a boy, left with nothing," Todoroki hissed, trying to flex his hands to stop frostbite.

"All because of one monster, you know how I feel," That made Izuku growl and clenched his injured hand.
"And you're using that for a crutch, to hold back on what your future holds," Izuku hissed out.

"I want you show me, show me how to defy that monster!!" He shouted, making The half boy angry. He charges, slower, but was ready to shoot ice, but the moment he jumped, Izuku activated his quirk and landed a solid punch at his stomach.

Todoroki managed to freeze his broken arm, but stood again.
"He's trying to control those who follow, and get rid of those who won't!!" Izuku shouted at the boy, while dodging and attacking Todoroki.
"Shut up!!" The half boy shouted in anger.

"You're not going to hurt them, they're not a monster! I'll be their hero, to be everyone's hero!!" He screamed, landing a punch again.
"You should too! I may not have a monster like you, but you should defy him!! Show him that you're not going to be like him!!" He charged at Todoroki, where the boy's arm was still freezing.

"If you're going to keep brooding and holding back, you don't deserve to be number one!! So prove it to me!!" He punched him in the stomach again, throwing him back again.
"Don't you want to defy him?! Then show him that it's your quirk!! Not his!!" Izuku screamed out.

"Right... I'm not a monster... I'm not!!"

FWOOSH

You covered your eyes from the sudden flames, and watched as Todoroki was swept up with his other side of power.
'Snow Wrath... and a Monstrous Nightmare... amazing,' You thought, watching in awe.

"Now, witness true strength, Midoriya!!" He shouted, and sent fire and ice at Izuku.
"It will take more than a little fire to stop me Todoroki, come on!!" Izuku shouted and charged at the half boy.

The heroes to try and stop them to continue, but it failed, causing a giant explosion. You leaned against the railing, trying to see through the dust.

"Midoriya, is out of bounds!!"

You softly gasped, not because of Izuku losing, but because he was injured. You stood up, and ran to the nurses office.
"(Y/N)!!" Iida and Uraraka shouted for you, but you kept on running.

You turn to corner to almost bump into Todoroki, who took a step back.
"Apologies," You quickly said, looking at him.
"It's... no problem," He mumbled, making you smile a little and kept on running. Todoroki watched as you ran off, remember what Izuku said about you.

"You're not going to hurt them, they're not a monster! I'll be their hero, to be everyone's hero!!"

'Be their hero, huh?... I was sure they're your hero,'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Zuku? Are ye in here?" You peaked through the door, seeing Izuku on the bed.
"I would say to leave for his surgery, but you're in his custody. You could stay, little one," Recovery Girl smiled softly at you, making you walk in and sat near him.

"I'm sorry (Y/N), I couldn't win for you," He whimpered, tears falling down.
"Are ye kidding? I  didn't care if ye could win or not, I was worried that ye would die!!" You raised your arms up and gave him a stern look.

"Fighting may be my culture, but we dragons still care for our lo-!" You stopped yourself, and sighed.
"I care for ye, Zuku, okay?" He sniffed, but nodded anyways.
"Ye also said something to Todoroki, to reveal his new fire power, what was it?" You asked.

Izuku paused, trying to find words, and looked at you with a small smile.

"Let's just say, that he wasn't the only one to see himself as a monster,"