Chapter 17: The Warmth Of A Cruel Beauty

Nana Osaki was a cruel girl. She always had been one.

"I like Suguru-kun better than Satoru-kun."

Those were her first words when she met her mother's students for the first time at the age of four. Her mother, Akiko Osaki, was a special-grade sorcerer and a teacher at Tokyo Jujutsu High. She was also the sensei of Satoru Gojo from the Gojo clan where she taught him the basics of Jujutsu sorcery when he was a little boy and because of her mother, Nana was familiar with the eccentric Satoru ever since she was a little baby. It wasn't like she despised the white-haired boy or anything, but she did find him a bit weird because of his over-the-top childish behavior.

Years ago when Nana's mother brought her to the Jujutsu High campus for the first time in order to introduce her to the new 1st year students, the little girl came face to face with two unfamiliar faces standing right beside the well-familiar Satoru; Suguru Geto and Shoko Ieiri. Shoko was very nice and sweet towards the little girl causing Nana to already like her but something about Suguru caught her attention the most. 

Suguru was a much more kind and proper young man back then, especially compared to Satoru. He understood the importance of manners and carried himself with dignity as a jujutsu sorcerer, causing him to believe that Satoru had far too rude of an attitude in his opinion. But despite disagreeing from time to time, Suguru and Satoru were still best friends.

Already exhausted from having someone like Satoru in her life only at the age of four, Nana was very much delighted to meet someone like Suguru who radiated a sparkly aura of 'Prince Charming' by just flashing out a simple gentle smile at her, flattering the little girl's heart along the way. And this caused her to say such harsh words which broke Satoru's fragile, delicate heart a bit. But then again, at the same time, he didn't really care about what she actually felt about him back then.

Satoru had always been a cocky and arrogant individual ever since he was a little kid. To put it in simple words, he didn't care about anyone else but himself. Sure he loved his friends and his teachers and deeply cared about them at times as well, but in most cases, he thought of himself as this superior being to everyone around him, an untouchable and unbreakable God of a human. Arrogance and cockiness were the main reasons why Nana was always so skeptical of Satoru from the very beginning. 

Besides, him not wanting to waste his time and energy on weakling non-sorcerers was also another reason Nana wasn't very fond of that white-haired boy. Sure he was breathtakingly beautiful when it came to his exterior looks with those sparkling icy-blue eyes and soft snow-white hair but unfortunately, he possessed a pretty shitty personality and Nana was someone who hated such people. She hated people who thought highly of themselves and Satoru was definitely in that category; a narcissistic prick.

Satoru always had this high and mighty persona around him while he possessed an unfiltered mouth and was always blatantly disrespectful towards the Jujutsu higher-ups. He was unsympathetic, cruel, and cold-blooded, especially towards his enemies, always carrying himself with pride and arrogance. Nana, who was still a little child back then, didn't favor such kind of attitude, causing her to dislike Satoru for this particular reason. Not to mention he even had the audacity to call her such names like 'brat' or 'spoiled princess' from time to time which infuriated Nana to no extent. 

Nana wasn't a spoiled brat, she knew that very well. Despite being a little child and not having her mother around 24/7 to teach her proper etiquette and manners, Nana naturally developed a well-polished mannerism and a kind personality all on her own which she inherited from her dear late father.

In short, Nana and Satoru were on the opposite side of the spectrum and didn't go along quite well. And this could be seen as clear as daylight whenever Akiko asked the white-haired boy to babysit her daughter. There were times when he had to cancel his dates and random hookups just to watch over the little girl much to his own dismay. Although this didn't make him despise her completely, he still thought that he would rather go on dates and get laid than take care of a 'snotty-nosed' brat for hours (Nana isn't a snotty-nosed brat. It's just how Satoru views every child around him).