T H I R T Y - S E V E N

// WHAT IS IT? \\

// WHAT IS IT? \\

It was November, and Seraphina had been pregnant for around four months now. She was due to have a scan which showed what gender her baby would be.

"Ready?" Carlisle asked, looked at Seraphina. The girl was stood in front of a long mirror, her sweatpants band just below her belly which was bigger now. Her sports bra was a plain black, and it allowed you to see Seraphina's stomach. She poked it softly, smiling to herself.

Seraphina smiled at Carlisle and nodded, following the blonde from the room and towards another room he had set up, especially for her and the scans she needed doing. It was better to do it here than at a hospital, where her father was more than likely to be notified. She didn't want to tell him yet.

"Just lie down on that bed." Seraphina did as told, and waited patiently. She hissed at the coolness of the gel Carlisle applied to her stomach, and the older vampire chuckled. "Probably should've warned you it was cold?"

"Would've been nice." Seraphina playfully glared at him and he laughed a little. He began to use the machine, his eyes trained onto the screen which showed him the baby.

"It's all healthy, that's for sure." Carlisle said, surprised at how well the baby was doing. He expected it to want blood, considering he expected the child to be part vampire due to both its parents having some vampirism. "Want to know the gender?" He asked and Seraphina pondered for a bit before nodding.

"Please." Carlisle smiled.

"It's a boy, Sara." Seraphina smiled widely as Carlisle turned the machine off and wiped the gel away with paper towels. "Thought of any names?"

"Yeah! I was thinking Noah or Theodore, but...i'll have to speak with Jaz."

"He'll agree with whatever you say, you know." Carlisle hummed and the two walked slowly towards the kitchen.

"What makes you say that?" She asked, studying Carlisle's features briefly before turning to look where she was going.

"He loves you...undeniably."

"And i love him the same way." Seraphina shrugged. "Doesn't mean i'd agree with any names he'd pick."

"Yeah, you're right." Carlisle laughed a little before it died down, him and Seraphina redirecting themselves to the living room, where the news played. Carlisle sat in between Jasper and Emmett, and Seraphina just stood to Jasper's left. Her right hand founds its way to his mop of honey-blonde hair and she entangled her fingers within it.

"Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances. Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildy active serial killer. Reporting live-" Alex and Bella walked in, both eyes widening at Seraphina.

"Sara, you're-"

"Yeah, yeah, shush." Seraphina snapped, waiting for someone to speak up.

"It's getting worse." Carlisle said, turning the TV off. Seraphina pouted, she kind of wanted to see what happened next or what the reporter would say next. "We're going to have to do something."