Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Warning

*Mature Content*

Four words. Both of our confessions were only four words. Four words that changed everything. 

"What did you do?" I asked, perfectly perplexed.

"I took your virginity?" Wayne squinted.

"No, no." I stopped him from pushing past what he told me.

I pushed myself off the bed. Wayne pulled me back down and kissed me. Lips that once comforted me. The lips that were on Harley's. Goosebumps crawled over my skin. I put my hand on Wayne's chest, trying to get as away from him as possible.

"Please, Bethany." His grip was tough, practically immobilizing me. "Don't leave."

"Let go of me." My voice shook as much as my body was.

He almost didn't listen. He had too much hesitation. I was naked and scared and stuck in his firm grasp.

His eyebrows lifted in the middle. His jaw was tight. I couldn't stay and he knew it.

He finally let go. I scrambled up and searched for my dress, not finding anything. I grabbed my underwear and put it on.

"Beth, please let me explain." Wayne stood.

"My best friend?" I mumbled. I couldn't find any clothes, so I opened his pajama drawer and stole some of his.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. She needed my help and I offered to-"

"You fucked my best friend?" I spun and raised my voice.

"You know what?" Wayne cocked his head, his tone as frustrated as mine. "Simon is going to say the same thing to you."

"Oh, screw you."

"Just sit down and let me explain." He grit his teeth.

"I can't believe it." I threw my hands in the air. "I- I trusted you and you just decided to fuck it up huh?"

"Just fucking sit down!" He exclaimed.

I flinched and walked backward. Wayne has never yelled at me. I don't think I have ever heard him yell before. The very sound knocked the wind out of me.

"Can you not understand that?" He said louder.

My back hit a wall. I was trapped in almost every way possible. The lights were off and I could only see the outline of his body. I could feel the vibration of his booming voice.

"Wayne, you're scaring me." I whispered. I avoided looking directly at him.

My eyes were overflowing with tears. They ran down my cheeks, my mascara possibly running down them as well.

"You are assuming shit, and won't let me explain!"

"Okay." I lowered my head. "I- I'll listen."

"Oh, now you'll listen?" He scoffed.

"Stop screaming at me." I rubbed my temples.

"I had to 'cause you weren't listening to me!"

I slid down the wall.

"This is your fault. This is ALL YOUR FA-"

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry." I bawled.

"DON'T INTERRUPT ME!" Wayne shouted.

My eyes went wide. Chin trembling. Chest caved in.

I met his gaze. I couldn't understand how he looked more shocked than me.