Chapter 17

Jordan and Tyquez are sitting out near the pool.

"I didn't come here to force you back into a relationship with me because I know you don't wanna be with me anymore. I don't fault you for it, I'm the one who mad the mistake. I can't sit here and say how much I love and you care about turn around do something like that...now to say all of that...you said it wasn't the kiss that made you leave, it was the fact that I could lie with a straight face?", said Tyquez.

"Yes.", said Jordan.

"Fair enough...we both can do that so maybe we shouldn't be together. You're right", said Tyquez.

"What do you mean?", asked Jordan.

"...a reason why I was so upset about you crying over Hakeem was because I knew how you still felt about him. I know that somewhere inside he would always have a place in your heart", said Tyquez.

Jordan nods. "But at least you know who I'd choose", said Jordan. "God forgive me"

"Yea... but yea you never admitted that to me either", said Tyquez.

"You're right...that's because I knew where I wanted to be no matter what I felt. My feelings for you were ten times stronger. I didn't need him", said Jordan.

"Right", said Tyquez.

"Ty you bring out the best parts of me. Parts that I didn't even know I had but recently the worst has been brought out of me and I can't do this right now", said Jordan.

"That's fine. I got patience.", said Tyquez.

It was silent between them for a moment.

"...don't leave me alright? I don't know what I'd do if you move on. I fucked up on my part, but I swear to you I will do better. I put that on my life", said Tyquez.

Jordan didn't say anything.

"You're my life", said Tyquez.

"...and you're my world", said Jordan. "But I can't live in a world that... isn't real. You weren't real with me"

Tyquez looked down.

Jordan held his hands.

"But we can work through this", said Jordan.

Tyquez nods.

"I'll see you at work tomorrow", said Jordan.

"Alright", said Tyquez as he stood up.

Jordan watched him.

"I'll take Marcus and go...bye", said Tyquez.

"Bye", said Jordan.

——-

MONDAY
8:00AM

Tyquez is walking toward his office.

"Good morning Mr. Johnson", said Jordan.

"Morning", said Tyquez.

Jordan stood up. "Your tie", she said before fixing it. She looked at his face then at his tie as she fixed it.

He looked like he got ran over by a truck. He looked so tired.

"You okay?", she asked.

"Yea I'm fine. Why you ask?", asked Tyquez.

"You look...Never mind", said Jordan as she stopped touching him. "I brought you some coffee...and breakfast"

Jordan sat down.

"Thanks", he said before walking into the office.

Jordan looked at him as he sat at his desk. She could tell he wasn't himself.

Jordan looks back at her computer and starts looking through her and his emails.

3:00P.M.

Jordan walks into Tyquez office and he's asleep.

"Mr. Johnson?", she said.

Tyquez is still asleep.

"Tyquez", she called.

Tyquez opened his eyes and quickly put his hands on his keyboard.

"Coffee didn't help?", she asked.

"...Nah", he said as he relaxed his body and sat back. "I couldn't sleep."

"Because of me?", asked Jordan.

"...did Mr. Pauly email you back?", asked Tyquez as he changed the subject.

"No", said Jordan.

"Oh. Well let me know when he does", said Tyquez.

"Okay", said Jordan. "...get some sleep tonight okay?"

"Of course", said Tyquez.

Jordan walks out of his office.

When she sits at her desk, she looks down as she thought about Tyquez. He was taking this break hard. She was taking it hard too but not as bad as him.

6:00PM

"So everything is done, my mom picked the kids up for us since we're running late", said Jordan.

"Alright", said Tyquez.

Jordan walks to him.

"You know we can still talk about things right?", asked Jordan.

"Yea...but I don't wanna talk", said Tyquez in the nicest way possible.

"Oh...well...goodnight", said Jordan.

"Goodnight", said Tyquez.

Jordan stood on her tippy toes and kissed  his cheek.

"Why you do that?", asked Tyquez.

"You just seem so sad", said Jordan.

"Now you're just making it worst because I know that I have to go home again with nobody next to me", said Tyquez.

Jordan looks down.

"...maybe I can spend the night...just for tonight", said Jordan.

"No", said Tyquez.

"You're right. That was a stupid idea", said Jordan. "I just don't want you to be like this."

"Jordan...I'll be good.", said Tyquez. "Im just nervous"

Jordan looked to the side. She looked at the city as they stood above it.

"Just go tend to the kids. I'll get them tomorrow when I'm awake", said Tyquez.

Jordan looked at him. "Okay", she said before she started walking to the door. "Call me so I know you didn't fall asleep during the drive home"

"I'll text you", said Tyquez.

"Okay", said Jordan.

Jordan walked out of the office. She grabbed her things and left.

TO BE CONTINUED...