- 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 of the car was warm. Comfy. Kaci Flores hadn't felt comfortable in a while.

Tears ran down her face, and her stomach had an uneasy swish to it as she thought over the events of today. Jordan was dead. Her brother was dead. Kaci wasn't sure if she could live with that type of grief. Her chest felt heavy, and she wasn't sure if she was breathing properly anymore.

Sarah had both her arms wrapped around her best friendʼs neck, leaning her head on her shoulder in comfort. Kaci didn't even move to push her off. She'd never seen the girl like this before, and it scared Sarah a little. Her brother did this. Her brother murdered Jordan. Sarah was never going to look at Rafe the same again. From this day on, she decided that she didn't want to be associated with the Cameron family name. They ruined so many lives — John Bʼs, Luisʼs, Kaciʼs...hers. They weren't good people, and Sarah felt sick to think she was once living under the same roof as them. Guilty, almost. Jordan was her brother, too.

Cleo sat beside the two girls curiously, not having ever had a friendship like that before. She bounced Kaz on her lap, allowing Kaci to have her time to cry and let out all her feelings without having to look good for the baby. She knew what it was like to lose her family; she knew that Kaci needed some time to understand it. To accept it.

Luis and John B were at the front, the two of them occasionally turning back to check up on the girls. They couldn't believe Jordan was actually gone. The youngest speaking pouge was dead. Kaci Flores was crying.

Rafe Cameron had crushed Kaci, and it was for the last time. As the girlʼs brothers, the two boys agreed on the fact that they were going to get their justice for the little pouge. For their little brother. Jordan Flores was not going to rest easy until everyone that hurt him was dead. John B and Luis swore on it.

While they were at the doctorʼs, Terrence and Chubbs had bailed with the gold, claiming that the others were taking too long. Sarah, Luis and Cleo left them to warn John B and Kaci about the cops that were out for them — thank you, Ward Cameron. They also came back to tell Jordan, but nobody could tell him anything anymore. He was gone. And there was nothing any of them could've done to stop it.

Jordan Flores would always be remembered as the funny, caring boy he was. The boy who was taken away so early. The boy who didn't even get to walk through the halls of a high school. The boy who heroically sacrificed himself for his nephew. Jordan Flores was a hero — a hero who lost his cape before he was given the reward. His sacrifice came with a great cost, but he didn't regret it in the slightest. He'd do it again if it meant Kaz would live.

Kaci sniffed pursing her lips and brushing her hair back. She tried to get herself back to normal, to control her feelings for the sake of her baby, but a shaky sob managed to break free as she tried.

"It's okay, girl, take all the time you need," Cleo assured her, holding Kaz on her lap with a bright smile. "I'm good with the baby — he's cute."

Kaci nodded appreciatively, wiping her nose with the sleeve of Jordanʼs hoodie. "Yeah, he gets the looks from his daddy."

From the front seat, John B smiled lightly at the mention of his brother. "We'll see him soon," he said confidently.

Sarah nodded and kissed the girl on both her wet cheeks. "In the meantime, I'll be his replacement."

Kaci chuckled and wiped her eyes again, using the hoodie she took from Jordan weeks ago. She just wanted him back. She couldn't live without him annoying her. She couldn't wake up the next morning without finding him cooking up some weird scheme to get a girl to like him. She wanted her brother. Her stupid, gullible, irritating little brother.