Broken trust

Three days later,

Karna reached Anga along with his parents. Though he wanted to go to Magadha but his parents were tired of the continuous journey and also he needed to see the conditions of Anga and Eklavya. When they reached the main city, Karna was quite impressed with the development that Eklavya had done on the barren land. Lord Viswakarma also helped him in the development but it was not something done magically overnight. It was the fruit of the hard labor of the inhabitants of Anga who not only learned the skill from Lord Viswakarma and his team but also used it to develop their kingdom. Now the once barren land had turned into a vibrant place with houses, schools, hospitals, roads etc. The Anga palace was beautiful as well. The mines were properly explored and extractions of precious jewels, coals, and metals were already started but they still maintained the natural environment. So the tribes were also happy and became a part of the Anga court.
Karna and his parents were welcomed with great respect. Till now the inhabitants of Anga heard about their generous king but today he himself came, so they were very happy. He talked to all the ministers, gave them suggestions to solve more problems, also he asked them to appoint judges to local courts from all castes and tribes so that they could understand the local peoples' problems more.
Dusshala's room,
Dusshala was tensed. In these last few days she had talked to her husband and understood that Eklavya worshipped Karna. Though Eklavya was a nice and decent man but he had a strong personality and moral sense, so it was impossible to turn him against his own country or king. Now the spies (disguised as dasis) asked her to kill the king herself. Once the king was dead, the tribals or the low caste people could never fight with HP and HP army would easily take over Magadha and Anga. Dusshala was a good person, she knew killing someone like this was against the code of Kshatriya Dharm but the spy told her that anything and everything was allowed in politics to protect their own country. Still, Dusshala could not come to terms with the murder. How could she kill a man that too in cold blood? It was true that Magadhraj was responsible for her plight but still, she was not a killer.
'Magadhraj is the man who had harmed your kingdom and family. He deserves to be punished.' A voice said in her head.
'It is your family who had attacked Magadha without any provocation? At least Magadhraj did not defame you but made you a wife of a good man. But what did your family do? They did not even negotiate for you but sent you here as a prisoner just to save their sons' skins. If your own family considered you as a bargaining chip to barter for the princes' life then others will definitely take advantage of your vulnerability.' Another voice from her heart said.
'But you have duties towards your family. Today you have to avenge their honor. Then you can go back to them.' the voice from her brain again said.
'And what about the duties of a family to their daughter? Did they behave as a good family except for your mother? At least none here misbehaved with you even after your rude attitude.'
Dusshala covered her ears with her hands to stop the voice. Why was she getting weak? No, she would definitely kill that man. Just to have some fresh air, she came out of the room and went to the garden. She went near a small pond in a secluded area and sat there. Suddenly she heard someone's footsteps and looked behind and saw an elderly woman was coming on her way. Dusshala was surprised as she had never seen her before. The woman was wearing an expensive silk saree but minimal jewelleries but still looked elegant. Her face was kind which remind her of her mother Gandhari. But the elderly woman had a hint of sadness in her eyes. She came and sat near Dusshala, What happened child? Why are you so sad?'
Dusshala was stunned, till now no one in the palace talked to her with such concern. They showed her cold respect but avoided her as much as possible. Even she saw raw hatred in some people's eyes for her but for the first time, someone showed genuine concern for her. She just stopped her tears and said, 'nothing Devi, I am okay. But who are you? I never see you here before.'
The woman,'I came here today with my sons. I am Radha mother of Radheya and Shon.'
Dusshala thought maybe she was the mother of a minister or a subject. She said,'I am Dusshala, wife of the governor here.'
Radha,' So you are princess Dusshala. I have heard about you. I am sorry for you.... you know it is always the woman who has to sacrifice to fulfill the males' ego. I am sorry dear that at such a tender age you have to face these. I am also sorry for my son's behalf. He should not have done this to you.'
Dusshala,' Your son devi?'
'Radhama,' someone called from behind and looking there Dusshala froze. There stood her husband and Magadhraj himself. The woman stood up and said, ' I was talking to the princess Radheya. No one in the palace is talking to her properly, she is alone and sad. So I came here to give her some company.'
Karna looked at Dusshala and said,'Respect is something that has to be earned Radhama. In fact, it is the big heart of our people that even after everything they showed her proper respect.'
Radha,' Radheya this is not a way to talk to a lady. She is just a young kid who lost everything because of your fight. So try to think from her perspective as well....come putri let's go inside.'
Dusshala was numb. So this woman was none other than Rajmata of Magadha. But she had no trace of arrogance or pride. She remembered her aunt Kunti, she in her every step tried to show others that she was a queen. Her attitude always demanded respect as she was a royal woman and a proud mother. But Rajmata Radha's presence gave a sense of peace to everyone around her. Her aura did not demand respect, it was her calm, serene attitude that attracted everyone to her. In fact, she reminded her of her mother Gandhari who even as a queen showed proper respect to others and act politely. Dusshala just followed her and went inside the palace.
Here Eklavya asked, 'Maharaj you okay? I am sorry for Dusshala you have to face problems with your parents.' In fact, Radha and Adhirath expressed their disagreement with Karna's demand about Dusshala. But the thing that shocked Eklavya most was Karna's silence when Adhirath scolded him for destroying a woman's life. Karna just stood there without countering anything.
Now Eklavya asked,' Maharaj you should make your parents understand the reason behind your action.'
Karna,' No my friend. My parents are scolding Radheya who really committed a sin. As Magadhraj my decision is fair for my kingdom but as a human, I did a heinous act. So they have every right to be angry with me.' Saying that he also left.