[ 006 - YAMAZAKI MAIKA ]

»»————- ♡ ————-««

➶ NICKNAMES>> mai ( 舞 — dance ) ;; the first kanji in her name

NICKNAMES
>> mai ( 舞 — dance ) ;; the first kanji in her name.

>> maimai ;; derived from her name; can be interpreted as "dance-dance".

BIRTHPLACE + HOMETOWN
osaka, japan

NATIONALITY + ETHNICITY
japanese

HEIGHT + WEIGHT
163 cm + 47 kg

LANGUAGES
>> japanese ;; 100% — native, born and raised in japan.

>> korean ;; 85% — learning.

TRIVIA
>> has a motorcycle license but hasn't ridden one since she became a trainee.

>> has a number of small tattoos, but refuses to show others outright due to the stigma against tattoos in both japan and korea.

>> started to crochet once the trend picked up and has a container of clothing, decorations, and stuffed toys she made but often has no use for.

>> fancies herself a poet and won small poetry contests back when she was a student.

>> is an only child but has 4 cats back home.

>> originally came to korea with dance in mind, but once starting lessons at JELLYFISH, she found her deep voice and poetry-writing translated nicely into rap.

 MBTI
INFP

TRAINING TIME
3 years 4 months

BACKGROUND
>> grew up as the only child to two japanese history professors, and was expected to do well in school growing up, her parents even believing she would continue their work as an academic.

>> initially believed she would walk down the same path as her parents, albeit with a different focus (to her, history was quite dull in the long run due to both parents being in the field).

>> though not seeing herself working in music at first, she found herself deeply interested in the kpop scene and enjoyed learning choreographies.

>> to the disappointment of her parents, she chose to go to south korea to officially become an idol trainee, despite getting into a good university with a focus on literature.

>> while her parents didn't necessarily approve, they also believed her life was her own to live and so supported her endeavors.

>> chose jellyfish as she especially enjoyed watching VIXX's performances and their concept.

>> is antsy about her place in the company as a female trainee due to GUGUDAN's disbandment.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

vocal | 4
dance | 6
rap | 8

M00NMINS

»»————- ♡ ————-««

please support YAMAZAKI MAIKA on her journey in project allure!

»»————- ♡ ————-««