1.

"Did you hear about the chief's nephew?"

"No, what happened?"

"He totally went berserk and attacked some innocent civilian he thought was the culprit to a case." 

The whispers in the police station might have been straight up shouts. It had been a complete frenzy honestly the last few days; especially since Souji Shimada- the police chief's nephew everyone was talking about. 

Souji had been dazed as he sat in his uncle's office. The name plate with the name Hara Shimada was written proudly across the glimmery gold material and sat just as equally proudly on the chief's dark oak desk, and behind it, an older man in his late forties; he had dark hair behind his growing hairline, sharp dark eyes, and the most intimating cold expression. Chief Shimada often wore an unwelcoming face, but today was worse than usual. Especially as he stared down his nephew Souji, who sat completely still- not moving a muscle as he waited for permission to. After all, he had gotten himself in enough trouble. 

"Never have I seen you act so recklessly before," Chief Shimada began, interlocking his fingers and leaning over his desk. "You had always impressed me with how level-headed you are." 

Souji felt his heart sink deeper into the depths of his stomach hearing those words. He knew he was doomed but knowing how much his disappointed his uncle- whom had always been Souji's hero since childhood, it only hurt more. Ever since Souji was a kid, the man he looked up to more than anyone had been his uncle. When Souji graduated from police academy, it was his uncle who hired him, and Souji had always impressed his chief since then, solving mysteries and cases with him. Souji had always been his uncle's number one.

"Uncle, I'm so sorry-" he began but immediately cut himself off when the chief raised a hand to silence him.

"Pack up your things. You can find another station to take you in, but you're not working here anymore."

Truth is, Souji already knew no other station or agency would take him in. After the big fiasco he got himself into that made it to newspapers, and Chief's Shimada's influence, Souji wouldn't be surprised he was blacklisted from every possible job involving working as an officer in Illinois. Nobody would want him. Even if he got out any serious trouble because his uncle convinced the higher ups to let Souji get away with a warning, Souji still lost his job here and everywhere else.

Gripping his pants tightly, Souji took a deep breath. He felt so shaky, and it was like the world was running too fast for him to keep up. Finally, he unpinned his badge from his belt and set it on the Chief's desk. "I'll pack my things right away, sir." he said quietly, not having the courage to meet eye-contact before leaving the room. 

Souji kept his head down the entire time he cleared his desk. He put his belongings in a suitcase the Chief had already prepared for him. Honestly, Souji didn't think he had the courage to look up at anyone right now; he knew everyone was staring at him. They were, of course. All the other officers were just in such awe and shock over this entire situation. 

Souji Shimada: perfect example of what an officer should be; he was loyal, kind, observant and smart. Everyone in the station looked up at him and was sure he would've been ranked to lieutenant eventually. It was just a case had gotten too involved personally with Souji's personal life and it seemed he couldn't handle the pressure.  

Honestly, just what was he thinking?

He could still feel the adrenaline rushing through his body- burning him from the inside out all the way to his fingertips; he remembered how angry he was- how bloodthirsty he felt for that one moment as he held that man in his clutches. Back then, Souji lifted his gun to that man's head, and was ready to pull the trigger.