CH. 24

hi snowflakes 🥰

Siraj plopped down on the couch, running his hands up and down his face a few times. He pinched the bridge of his nose, letting out a frustrated huff of air as he tried to keep himself calm.

Ximena crouched down in front of Semaj, wiping his face. "Go play wit' your tablet, baby." she told him, he turned around and walked back into his bedroom as Ximena walked into the living room. "So you have nothing to say?"

Siraj relaxed back into the couch, closing his eyes as he started to rub his temples. "What do you want me to say, Ximena?" he calmly spoke, slowly flicked his gaze upward at her. "Hm?"

"You went against my wishes, Siraj. I told you, I didn't want her around our son. Why is it when it comes to her, you don't want to seem like the bad guy?" Ximena shook her hands before slapping them down on her thighs.

"Our son loves Soleil, Ximena. Who am I to keep her away from him? Did you not see how he started crying when he realized she was about to leave again? You didn't notice how our son was acting afterwards when I made Soleil leave the first time? If she did anything to him, he wouldn't act the way he does towards her — do you know when we went out today, he ignored the fuck out of me and focused all of his attention on her? Why would we keep our son away from someone he genuinely loves, and who genuinely loves him back?" Siraj ranted on, pointing his finger towards Semaj's bedroom.

"This have to be way deeper than you leading on Ximena, Soleil made an innocent mistake. She fell asleep while our son was in her care, nothing more or less. She didn't abuse him, she didn't do no hardcore drugs around him — all she did was fall asleep and she apologized for it." Siraj counted on his fingers, trying to understand why Ximena was being so hard on Soleil.

Ximena stared at him with a hardened expression, before looking away. She licked over her lips as she folded her arms across her chest. "Hello!" Siraj snapped his fingers at her, growing even more agitated with her.

"She was my friend," Ximena finally spoke, causing him to jerk his head back in confusion. He opened his mouth to speak but she interrupted him. "That's why I'm so fuckin' angry, she was my friend and she started messing around wit' you."

"Are you serious?" he twisted up his face, scooting closer to the edge of the couch. "That's why you holding a grudge against her? That's why you don't want her around? Because we messing around? If you want to be mad at anyone, then be mad at me, because I initiated the shit between us."

"Don't sit up here and act like it's no big deal, because it is, Siraj. Soleil was my friend, I've confided in her about a lot of shit, even stuff about you. We use to hang out all the time — for her to start messing around wit' you is like a fuckin' slap in my face!" Ximena raised her voice, pointing her finger at herself.

Siraj stared at her, narrowing his eyes at her. He let out a dry laugh, rubbing over his goatee. "Y'all were friends, huh? So, why didn't you, as her friend, check in on her when Xahir died? Hm? Have you checked on her once since she lost him? Have you ever went over to her house or picked up a phone to call her and ask her how she was doing? Have you been a shoulder she could cry on when she needed it?" he bombarded her with questions.

"Don't you fuckin' dare try to turn this around on me, Siraj!" Ximena yelled at him.

"See, you can't even answer the questions, because you know that's bullshit, Ximena!" he humorlessly laughed again, gesturing towards her. "If you were friends like you claimed, you would be there for her! If you were her friend, you would understand the innocent mistake she made that day! She's still fuckin' grieving — yeah, be a parent first, but afterwards be a fuckin' friend! You so full of shit bro!"