Chapter 41

Jungkook could tell by the mens' faces that he was not who they were expecting to meet. He pulled Maddy tighter to him on his lap with one arm around her back and had his other arm draped over her bare thighs to cover the parts that were exposed by the short dress. He really wished he had brought a jacket to throw over her legs.

Jungkook gave the men an intense look as Maddy asked, "They have puppies at their house and want to take me to see them. Can I go?!"

Jungkook's first inclination was say that there was no way in hell she was going home with anyone but him. But he saw the sweet look in her face and held himself back. These men deserved to get their lights punched out for trying to take Maddy back to their place. But, no doubt, it would traumatize her to watch him beat up her new 'friends'. And she was here, safe in his arms now, so he was inclined to be more forgiving. 

When he hesitated to answer, she added, "It isn't against the rules, right?" He could tell Maddy had more drinks in her by how she was acting, and the way her eyes weren't fully focusing. 

Jungkook had decided to deal with this in a way that would be least stressful for Maddy. He brushed over her cheek with his thumb as he told her, "Remember the rule that you need to stay in our sight, so we can see you at all times? You can't go home with them because it would be breaking that rule, Sweetness."

Maddy's smile dropped a little but then she giggled and said, "Oh, yeah, I forgot about that rule, Kookie." She pressed a kiss on his cheek. Then she turned to the two men that were now clearly uncomfortable with the situation. They were now starting to lose hope that her hot female friends might materialize out of thin air which was the only reason they hadn't rushed off yet. 

Jungkook's flaming eyes bore into the two men as Maddy playfully pouted, "I'm sorry, I can't go see your puppies, but will you give them all kisses for me?" The men assured her they would give the puppies kisses. They started backing up to get away from the guy who looked like he was getting ready to beat the crap out of them. "And don't forget to name the little one Randolf! And give him double kisses!" The men nodded briefly before high tailing it out of there.

Maddy sighed, "I always loved the name Randolf."

Jungkook arched an eyebrow at Maddy, "So, you made some new friends, huh, Sunshine?"

Maddy smiled, not even realizing he had a bit of a tone. "Yes, they were so nice! They bought me chocolate drinks!" 

Jungkook's eyebrows came together. No wonder she seemed more intoxicated. "How many drinks did they buy you?"

She held up two fingers. "They bought me two chocolate martinis." Jungkook thought that wasn't so bad. 

"And Insik bought me two also." Oh dear. 

"And the bartender bought me something Russian." Jungkook closed his eyes. Could his brothers not have watched her for just a couple of minutes? How had she possibly consumed that many drinks in so little time? Oh, that's right, they were chocolate.

"I'm feeling a little dizzy, Kookie." She rested her head on his shoulder.

Jungkook shifted to make her more comfortable, "Maddy, that is enough drinks for tonight, okay? A new rule is that you can only have water for the rest of the night, alright?"

Maddy nodded, "I think that's a good idea." She had just gotten comfortable but then she stood up quickly and said, "I have to pee." 

She wobbled in place but Jungkook steadied her with his hands on her hips. He walked her to the ladies restroom. She walked right in without saying anything to him and he waited outside the door. And waited. And waited.