《5》Run & Hide

cover art by h0pe.lez

.

.

.

.

.

(THIS CHAPTER WILL TAKE PLACE BEFORE JJK ANIME)

There would be times when Getou wouldn't show up for a few days, but he would always show up at the very end with an apologetic look. Haru will say she didn't miss him but deep down she did miss his frantic meetings. But this time...this time it was different. Days became weeks...and weeks became months.

He never showed up.

'I guess I shouldn't be surprised...' Haru muses, her expression blank but her eyes said otherwise. Deep deep down in the depths of her heart...she felt rather upset.

All her life she avoided many things and closed up her heart, but Getou was the most persistent one yet. At some point...Haru began to look forward to his visits.

Even if he did have those intentions of recruiting her...and acted nice because he wanted her technique...she appreciated his dedicated time.

"°•♤▪︎Masterrr....?♧°☆Master....?☆■°" The Curse calls out to Haru, which she snaps back to reality. She peers down towards her feet, blinking when she saw the Curse's eyes tear up.

"°◇○I-Is Master sad?? ■•○Sadd...! ◇☆•Sad is hurt???☆•♤" The creature walks up to her and grabs her leg, crying. Haru is startled by his abruptness, "*♧°Hurt??! ☆▪︎•◇Master are you hurttt.....? °◇○D-Does it hurt?¤•°"

Haru's eyes wavered at this as a sharp pain jolted in her chest. The Curse's words continue to echo in her head. Sadness? Is that what she felt? Was she sad that Getou stopped showing up? She was unsure of it...because it felt way different from what she thought was sadness.

She didn't feel like crying, and she was much more upset rather than sad. Almost angry...

Haru lets a sigh and goes over to place a hand over her head. She was still in the middle of work, but surprisingly there were no customers coming at that very moment. It was for the better since she did not feel as well.

"I'm fine Pan...just a bit tired from cleaning yesterday..." Haru makes up a lie on the spot, hoping to not worry the Curse that she recently named Pan. After calling him by his name, the creature seemed to have completely forgotten about her state and now was smiling. She swore she saw sparkles and stars surrounding him.

"¤☆▪︎If Master saysss soo~♧°•" He chirps, unable to hide his happiness. She sweats at this, she was convinced that this Curse was easy to delight.

'I need to forget about that man...' She straightens her back when her eyes caught glimpse of an approaching customer. She forced a smile, bowing her head in greeting.

'I need to move forward...'

~*~

And just like that...The New Year came...

For some, this holiday was something to look forward to with family and friends...but to Haru. It was all but a horrible memory.

She was currently seated on a train, packed with a few items to take for her travel. The train would lead her to the outskirts of Tokyo, the countryside in which she grew for almost her whole life. Today marked the 1st day of the new year of 2018...and she asked for a week off for the holiday.