THE COUNTESS

RUDRA PRATAP

"Rudra do me a favor keep that rascal Andrew away from me and Ariana." Elani said groaning. "Why ??" I asked. "You will know." Daneil said as he nearly dragged me to the gateway of manor. I saw a carriage rolling down the gate and stop infront of the door. It looked quite overdecorated and over the top fancy. A pompous lady in her late forties got down. She is really looking odd. Her face is caked with makeup and she is decorated with jewelry that are definitely not needed. Her face has started giving me a headache now. "Oh Daneil my boy. You are all grown up." She said pecking him on his cheeks. Daneil did grimaced at her sloppy kisses but didn't show it. I hardened my cold demeanor. I stayed in shadows watching everything. "How are you Daneil. My friend." A young man who is about Daneil's age said warping him in a one arm hug. Daneil didn't responded to his action either.

"Daneil." I heard a girl voice from the couch. I analysied her as soon as she stepped down from the carriage. A girl in her late teens got down holding her heavy skirt. Her blonde hair pinned neatly in side and blue dress is all fluffy. She is petite. Which increased her beauty. She have curves at all right places unlike you. I scowled at my sub conscious mind which is mocking me. Her eyes caught my attention. The are a mixture of sky blue and green. The most unique colours. But something else caught my attention as well. They are diluted. Much more than a normal person. Angel's Trumpet. That's must be the thing she took to look more beautiful. "I missed you." She said coming close to Daneil but at main moment her turned to me. "Rudra as we had received the guests why don't we continue our discussion. Herold will show the their rooms." He said as I followed him. Leaving behind a fluming Countess.

"Why are they here ?" Elani asked at once as we entered the library. I don't know why he is keeping me with him. "They must have heard that mother and father is away on a trip and came to stir up trouble like usual." He said clinching his fists. "Rudra I want to trouble you with one more favour." Daneil asked looking at me intently. "Just state it." I said looking straight into his eyes. I felt like we have a bond deeper than we felt. "My father had a step sister more exactly the lady you meet downstairs. But they aren't blood related. Her mother is a great lady but she is a rotten apple like her children. From a long time she is waiting for a opportunity to take over what is over and the best way for that us to marry her children with us. And I don't want Elani anywhere near them. Especially that Andrew." He said his face red in anger. "I will protect her like my sister." I said as he smiles pinching bridge of his nose. "Man I own you more than three favors now. First for saving our ship, then saving Elani and Ariana's life and now for this one. Thanks a lot." He said getting up.

His eyes are closing and I can feel him get drowsy. "Get some sleep man." Nate said dragging him out of there. I looked at Elani who is staring at her hands her shoulders shaking. "What did he do to you ?" I asked sinking to her eye level. They are glistening with tears. "Don't worry. I will protect you." Suddenly she thrown herself in me and hugged me tight. "Shhhh. Nothing you happen till I am her baby doll." I said rubbing her shoulders. Her crys slowed down after sometime. "Really brother." She asked looking up at me her eyes still glistening. "I never break my promises." I said I am gonna keep my word. A royal like me doesn't break them. "Shall I drop you off to your room ?" I asked. She shook her head negatively. "I will go and sleep by myself." She said as she went away. I made sure she is already inside when I went back to my room analysing my current situation.

I found a maternal family I don't have. My younger sister is definitely harassed by someone. She may hide it too well but you can't lie to me. Throughout my both lives I had experienced enough trachery and lies that no one can lie to me without raising suspensions. The mysterious person in black is also someone I want to know about. Again the Duchess is away in a tour and of this is not enough the countess and her children are also now a additional headache for me as if I already didn't have enough in my plate. I signed. I have to be discreet. I can't afford any trouble in this forgein land without a strong backer other than Daneil and also someone who can deliver news to me.