𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 → 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂

💙

(Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes flickered open as she could feel the energy in her body rising like a flame once a matchstick had been struck. She groaned, rubbing her eyes once again. They slowly opened, seeing no signs of daylight through the crack in her curtains, something she had been craving after what felt like the hundreds of times she had wished it to be morning. Tonight just hadn't worked out, she had too much adrenaline needing to burn out before she could sleep well.

That's what happens when your boyfriend is Sonic the hedgehog...

She groaned, stretching out an arm as she kept on one side while turning her half open (e/c) eyes to the clock. The beaming light that illuminated digital numbers showed something she was praying not to see.

5:00am

She sighed. The last time she saw the monotone digits glaring at her in the blackness of her bedroom was when it read 4:30am. She wanted to roll over and lay on her back until the peaceful feeling of sleep would take her over once again.

But she couldn't.

The last time (Y/n) had stirred and awakened at inconvenient times in her sleep, she was aware she was alone. She was aware it was only her in the tranquillity of the silky mattress, enveloped in the softness of the duvet with no one else. She was aware she was isolated in the darkness the never ending nighttime brought to her bedroom, struggling to sleep by herself.

But that had all changed.

(Y/n) could feel someone was now also in the bed. She could sense the presence behind her. She could hear the soothing rhythm of breathing. She could feel another body pressed against the back of her own.

(Y/n) slowly turned her head, smiling as she already knew with absolute certainty who it would be.

Sonic slept deeply beside her. Gloved hands pressed against her stomach, the fingers of each intertwined with one another to keep a firm grip. His torso was shaped to match the back of (Y/n), the two of them locking together like puzzle pieces.

His legs leant atop her own, socked feet tickling hers as he stirred ever so slightly. His head was leant against her shoulder, face buried into her neck. She could feel his lips brushing against her like he was midway through a kiss as he dropped into slumber.

(Y/n) could feel his fast paced heartbeat pounding against her back, the speedy sensation providing a strangely satisfying feeling to her. Their hearts felt like they were in sync, and (Y/n) felt safe. No matter what the situation, she would always feel safe within Sonic's arms.

It was perfect. Pure. Sweet.

His touch brought her more comfort than any blanket or pillow nestled within the bed.

(Y/n) couldn't feel more relaxed, knowing immediately this would be the cure for her disturbed sleep. She snuggled further into Sonic's chest, the royal blue hedgehog nestling his face further into her neck as he felt the movement in his sleep.

(Y/n) leant her head against the side of his, feeling the tickling of his quills against her cheek. Her eyes flickered closed hopefully for the final time before she was ready to awaken and start the new day.

The sensation of having someone she loved right there beside her in the darkness of the night sent her into the most peaceful sleep she had ever experienced.

💙