| chapter forty three. |

♚ CHAPTER FORTY THREE ♚

"I'VE BEEN WONDERING SINCE Yanagi-san's return,  but are your eyes real?" Hinata's question whose voice was echoing in the room from how loud he is managed to make everyone in the room silent at once.

They had just finished a quick stretch in the stadium's locker room before their game against Nekoma began. And the person Hinata was aiming for was sitting leaning against the wall.

"Hm, I'm also curious about that," Noya, Tanaka, and Hinata were already in front of Yanagi in seconds. Squatting with their faces near him, looking at Yanagi's eyes very seriously and focused.

"You guys seem to have just realized it," Daichi commented, just entering the room.

"I've never seen him this close!" Noya shouted in defense.

"Yeah!!"

Tsukishima gave a light smile almost mockingly. "Yes, I understand. You're too short to notice," then resumed stretching, this time with Kageyama as his partner, who had been telling him to keep going from his sharp gaze. The black-haired teen doesn't seem to care what they have been talking about.

"Tsukishima!!"

"But Yanagi-san's eyes are so cool!! Black and gold!! I want it too!!" Hinata shouted, looking at him with sparkling eyes. "So cool! so cool!"

"Wait, wait, isn't this what it's called, hete.. Hetero...," Tanaka trailed off, and looked at Noya while thinking about the words he wanted to say. As if asking to help him finish the word.

"You mean, heterochromia?" Asahi chimed.

"Yep, that's it!!" Tanaka exclaimed. "Heterochromia!!"

Hinata tilted his head. "What does it mean?"

"It means for people who have two different eye colors," Yachi explained, which was answered by Hinata's nod of understanding before looking back into Yanagi's eyes seriously.

"How can Yanagi-san have a different eye color?" Hinata asked.

The person in front of him blinked once. He had a bored expression on his face and then looked up as if he was thinking. "Someone gave me their eyeball."

...

Everything comes to a halt. Their bodies froze. Their eyes were filled with a fearful expression as they stared at Yanagi.

"Ga-gave eyeball?!!!" Yachi screeched his voice stuttering and trembling with fear. She clutched her jacket tightly in her arms.

"Ho-How?" Noya asked bewildered.