Chapter 16

Hadrian was annoyed for the past few years they had to stop multiple idiots,who thought it was good idea to create an army of newborns.These coven wars engulfed most of the southern part of North America, including Texas and Mexico.

The survivors of the covens Benito destroyed had layed claim to territory.After that It did not take long before new covens that formed restarted the war on battle for territory. However, because the last war caused entire armies and everyone involved to be slaughtered, the new covens fought in more carefully managed conditions to avoid detention as possible,still some of them failed.

But a ambitious cold one named Maria came into the picture,she was from Monterrey coven which was defeated by Benito.So to reclaim their territory she made an alliance with  two other survivors Lucy and Nettie.

Maria and Lucy wanted revenge for their mates lost in battle, while Nettie was eager to replace her lost hunting grounds in Arkansas,so basically safety in numbers.

Maria decided to take the idea newborn armies to a new level by choosing humans with combat potential basically soldier.

Nettie  had very pale skin, with an angelic-beautiful face, scarlet red eyes and black hair questioned"At you sure this is good plan?"

Maria who a tiny brunette with a soft and musical voice with a tendency to be sharp slightly glared and answered"This is best way,we could take soldier from the war.Some if these soldier would have experience with war,if we train them too we have a very strong army ."

Lucy had fair, blonde hair,with a slender build.She was not sure about this as she was the only one who was cautious of Chronos as she said"This could backfire on us Maria."Her voice was both delicate and lovely, like wind chimes.

Maria replied"Their is war going on and this is the best time to get them,after all on one will notice if these soldiers go missing."basically it was American Civil war.

Maria knew Nettie won't take part in the creation of the army as her lack of self-restraint.While Maria never underestimated her as Nettie a very devious and malicious.She loved power more than anything.Maria believed in Lucy much more than Nettie.

By giving these newborns more training than anyone had bothered to do before.They made the strongest army anyone could possibly imagine,but it only became like this after she recruited her most powerful enforcer  the young Confederate officer named Jasper Whitlock, she hoped his physical stature and military experience would make him a helpful addition to the coven. When she realized his ability to control emotions, she put him in charge of her other newborns. He made the newborns cooperate with one another. With Jasper around, Maria's army began working together better and their army began winning back the territories they had previously lost. However, soon she became greedy and sought to extend her control further by claiming other Mexican territories belonging to other vampire clans.

But soon greed for power took hold as Nettie wanted the power all to herself,so he hatched  plan to take over the coven by killing Maria,but she needed Lucy's help. Lucy with disbelief asked"Are you crazy,do you want to get us killed?"

Nettie with slight glare said"Maria has too much power,we can't let this continue.So only way is to kill her and take over the coven."

Lucy shook her head and replied "Did you forget the fact,you rarely helped in the creation of army or even help train them,so how do you plan to make them follow you.I have seen Maria's pet that Jasper is the one who controls most of newborn and that idiot is following Maria without a question.The newborns value either strength or they feel indebted to Maria for making them this strong,they would not follow you just because you killed Maria."

Nettie didn't bat eyes hearing that,as if she already made her decision as she said"If you are not helping me,I will find someone else."

Lucy sighed as she saw Nettie walk away,she already had plans to leave the coven after she got her revenge against those that destroyed her coven and killed her coven mates.Lucy was not sure abou the whole newborn army thing as the practice was banned by Chronos.Lucy was not fool like Maria who was too drunk with power too believe that Chronos won't attack them because of the newborn army.Also Chronos wiped out Benito who had thrice the number of newborns than Maria,it was enough did tell how strong  Chronos was.

Lucy sighed and thought"I am sure Mexican coven won't get out of this in one piece."