chapter 9

S E E Y O U L A T E R

I feel something cold rested on my forehead and a bright light burning my eyes

I feel something cold rested on my forehead and a bright light burning my eyes. I slowly pierce my eyes open to find Silvia sitting beside me.

"Jesus Christ!" she yells, hitting my arm. "What the hell?"

"What happened?" I groan, sitting up and she helps me up straight.

"The hot guy you're always bickering with brought you in. You were passed out in his arms, Nirah. What was that all about?"

"My body was just drained, that's all," I shake my head, forcing a smile. "Where's Jordan?"

"He wasn't out there?" she asks and I shake my head.

"Then I don't know," she applies some lip gloss to her lips.

She walks over to me and plops down right beside. She takes my hands in hers and shows me a worried smile.

"You sure everything's alright?" she asks and I bite down onto my bottom lip, nodding.

No.

"Yes," I smile up at her. "Where did he go... the guy that brought me in."

She shrugs her shoulders.

"All he said was that you passed out and asked for 'Jordan'."

Fuck, that's so embarrassing.

"I'm on stage in ten but after I'm taking you home, okay?" she says and I shake my head. "Yes I am. You're not changing my mind."

After three minutes of arguing I finally give in and with a kiss on my cheek she leaves the room.

I fainted in his arms and called out to another man, God what's wrong with me.

I groaned, falling back onto the couch.

After a while Mark walked in to check up on me. Silvia finished her show and drove me home as she said she would.

She made sure I got into the house safely before driving off.

"Daddy!" I call out into the dark and quiet house. Nothing.

I drop my keys on the counter top, shrugging off my bag.

"Daddy, are you home yet?" I call out but nothing.

He's usually home by now. Passed out on the couch or watching the game in his room.

I checked the entire house and he was no where to be found. I called his cellphone but no one answered.

Where is he.

I finally got to his room and it felt odd.

I walked over to his bed, spotting a white piece of paper.