twenty four

"what the fuck" nick says as his jaw drops and he stares at the girl in disbelief.

"ailee?" he repeats back to her and she nods, stuck in her shock while clay breaks his silence beside her. "she knows its you, nick.". nick looks between clay and ailee numerous times before asking how. "she knew we lived next to each other, and well, here we are." he says quietly.

"im so embarrassed" the girls says quickly before covering her face with the hand that wasnt occupied by carrying her groceries. "what, why? dont be" nick says quickly. "dude i literally told you how i find sapnap extremely attractive and YOURE him" she laughs slightly as she talks, the statement causing both guys to laugh hysterically.

"stop thats so embarrassing" she drops her shopping and covers her face with both hands now, before eventually laughing along with the two boys. "you should come over, drop your shopping home and come" nick says with a warm smile, clay quickly nodding in agreement eagerly. the girl agrees and goes into her own apartment, putting away the cold items and leaving the rest on the counter for later. she makes her way to neighbouring apartment, making sure steak had enough food for however long she will be gone.

ailee knocks on the door quietly, and it is quickly opened. she is met by nick who had changed hoodies as he welcomes her in. the group all sit on the couch in the living room, nick and ailee sat together while clay sits on a one-seater next to the sofa. "hang on." the girl says as she suddenly realises something. "if nick is sapnap, does that mean youre dream?" ailee asks clay as his face forms into a half-sheepish smile and he nods. "yeah... i am" he says. "oh dream! do your shoes need shining? dream! please! do you need coffee?" she says mockingly as she and nick both laugh along hysterically. clay rolls his eyes with a scoff. "fuck off ailee" he chuckles.

"i honestly have no clue how i didnt put the pieces together quicker. like, clay nick and george? george being british? clay and george dating-" she listed making clay sit up straight in his position in defense. "we are not dating" he says making ailee nods slowly, not believing him. nick laughs at the interaction, then agreeing with the girl. "honestly the amount of times i thought you were gonna realise who i am and then you didn't.... i was shocked at how clueless you were to the whole situation" he laughs. "ok as if you'd do any better" she scoffs jokingly. clay agrees with the girl, causing nick to scoffs aswell.

clays phone suddenly starts ringing, and he stands up, excusing himself before he walks out of the room. "this whole thing is so odd" nick says, facing the girl directly, who sits nodding. "i didnt think it would happen this soon, to be honest" she says. "well, it has been like 6 months" he states, the girl rolling her eyes with a smile. "oh shut up you know what i mean." nick laughs and looks at her, studying her face as she looks around the apartment.

"i still cant believe youve been sapnap this whole time" she says, almost in disbelief. "look, im sorry i didn't tell you earlier, i just kept digging myself into a deeper hole whenever you'd talk about me" he apologises as the both laugh slightly. "im not mad, im just embarrassed" ailee admits, locking eye contact with him as he shakes his head. "dont be, it was funny" "ok mr ego calm down" they both burst out laughing. she continues, "i regret it all now because your ego is gonna be even bigger, if thats even possible."

"its all piecing together" the girl says distantly, before quickly turning to pandas beside her. "THATS HOW YOU AND CLAY ARE SO RICH!!!" she yells, making sapnap laughs and nods his head. "dude how didnt i realise this" she questioned and looked at pandas, taking in the fact that she knows who he is now. the pair were both still in shock, and confused on the new information they had learnt in the last hour.

the three of them talk for hours, before ailee needs to return to her apartment. she wishes farewell to her two friends before leaving, walking to the next door home.

"what do you think of her?" clay asks nick, as they both sat in the living room where the trio had previously sat. "shes so pretty" nick says, barely above a whisper. "I KNEW IT! YOU LIKE HER!" clay yells happily. "DUDE! SHUT UP SHES RIGHT NEXT DOOR" nick whisper-yells, making clay quiet down but still celebrate the new-found crush. "i never said i like her i just.... i just think shes pretty." nick reiterated, clay nods, unconvinced. the pair continue on like this, oblivious to the phone call that ailee was on next door.

"ren?" ailee says over the phone, catching the attention of her best friend on the other end of the line. "yeah, whats up?" ren replies, waiting for a response. "i met nick" ailee says, followed by a moment of silence and then a squeal from her friend. "WHAT? TELL ME EVERYTHING. WHAT DOES HE LOOK LIKE? HOW DID YOU MEET UP?" ren rants out a series of questions about the meet.

"hes so cute. also, you know that streamer i watch? sapnap? yeah, its HIM." ailee explains, ren falling silent in shock and disbelief. "theres no way, what a coincidence." she says and ailee nods, despite the fact ren couldn't see her. "hes sapnap? i mean now the fact he has friends named clay and george makes sense." ren explains. "thats what i said!" ailee replies with a giggle.