Chapter 8

Author's Note:

AO3 readers saw this first, haha. I'm really sorry for the super long delay everyone, I just managed to recover this account recently.

-------

The night was deep, and a lone figure could only lean back on his swivel chair, reveling in the sullen solitude inside the confined space of his office. In front of the dimly lit shade, Levi was deep in thoughts, staring blankly into space.

His mind was filled with the thoughts of a certain bespectacled woman. Those brunette locks tied into a ponytail as it swung side to side. It was a vivid memory of Hange scurrying around her messy lab, trashes all around.

Hange… that shitty four-eyes. Apparently, she’s been indulging herself in dangerous circumstances just for the sake of her company. What’s the point of him being around her if any form of protection from him is then rejected by her?

When was the last time they talked to each other? It was a year ago when they attended that science exhibition overseas.

It was also a year ago when she dismissed him. Telling him to not give a single shit about her life anymore.

Fuck that, Levi mentally cussed. How can he not give a shit to her? How can he not fucking worry?

His composed expression was then replaced by irritation. Remembering how that shameless woman had the guts to now ask him for help with the shady-ass projects that she had vowed to partake in. That woman... does she not give a damn about her life anymore? She’s been accepting risky-ass shit from the underground. She should’ve known better than anyone else how dangerous the fuckeries down there are.

However, this was soon disrupted when a certain someone barged through the double doors of his office. A certain someone... there could only be two people who lack the decency to even bother knocking on a door. Looking up, a scowl appeared on his once sullen face upon taking in the appearance of the certain someone that he least expected to see.

Leaning on the door frame with an extravagant suit and his signature black coat and black hat, it was none other than his notorious uncle who had a lit cigarette on his mouth. Dragging it out, the man proceeds to wave at him with an annoyingly smug smile.

“Kenny,” He called out, his voice venomous as he stood up, glaring at the unwanted visitor. “What do you want?”

The man chuckled before blowing the cigarette and pulling then it away. Smoke began to spiral out in the air. His uncle's demeanor was only barely visible due to the faint light from the city outside through the glass window of his office.

Levi’s nose scrunched up in disgust at the strong smell of smoke and pushed the buttons that automatically opened some of the windows. This brought a laugh from Kenny once again, finding his nephew’s behavior funny.

After one last drag of his cigarette, he threw it on the ground as he killed the small spark of the cigarette bud with his shoes. Levi could only stare at it in exasperation.

Taking off his hat, Kenny starts. “Well, the police have been so annoying lately.”

He could only further narrow his eyes at him upon the statement. Kenny Ackerman, also known as Kenny the Ripper, is a very vile figure in the underground. He was known for his ruthlessness, brutality, and the number of police’s throats he had slit.