Chapter 107

The Gryffindor common room was empty that night except for a few of the seventh years, who had gathered around to relax in the silence of the room, enjoying every moment before being loaded with homework the next day in their N.E.W.T classes.

Although Remus was the only one who couldn't relax. He felt like his head would explode any moment now. Only two hours ago, Diana had told him about her arranged marriage to Evan Rosier, and had even told him about her vision. In that vision, she had seen that Rosier had killed Remus. Diana had told Remus that if she didn't marry Rosier, it would end with Remus's death.

Remus didn't know how accurate Diana's visions were, but he still couldn't let her marry Rosier. The mere thought of it was worse than death to him.

     Just then, however, Remus was snapped out of his thoughts and the silence pf the common room was broken when someone pushed the portrait of the Fat Lady open with a thud and ran inside, yelling, "SHE SAID YES!"

      Turning around in surprise, they saw James running inside, but the next moment he slipped and fell down with a yelp. Everyone gasped, jumping to their feet to make sure he was all right.

     "You okay, Prongs?" Sirius asked, watching James as he got to his feet, dusting his cloak off.

  "Never better, Padfoot! Never better!" He laughed in happiness, clapping a hand behind Sirius's shoulder. "She said yes!"

     "What are you talking about?" Remus asked, raising a curious brow at him. But his question was answered when moments later Lily walked into the room, her cheeks flushed and pink.

     "Oh my, God!" Alice suddenly gasped from where she stood beside the fireplace, clasping a hand over her mouth as she looked between James and Lily in realization.

  "No way," Remus mumbled, his eyes widening.

     "This is a joke, right?" Sirius said with a snort.

"What's supposed to be happening, exactly?" Marlene muttered, looking around at everyone in confusion.

"I-I think I'm just gonna go to bed," Lily said awkwardly, clearing her throat and quickly walking up to the girls' dormitory.

With grin playing on their faces, the other girls ran after her, and Marlene followed them as well in hopes of finding out what was going on.

"What did you do, Prongs?" Remus asked James after the girls had left. "Did you slip her love potion?"

Peter sniggered behind them as James gave Remus a look. "No! I asked her out on a date and she said yes."

"Maybe she thought you meant the fruit by 'date'?" said Sirius with a grin.

"I'm telling you! She said yes!" James retorted.

"And what's the complete story?" Remus said with a grin, knowing that there was more to it.

"Fine!" James sighed. "We were patrolling the corridors, and I told Lily that she hadn't done her job right, because if you don't find any trouble in the castle at night, it just means that you've missed something. She told me that she was pretty certain that nothing was wrong, so I made a bet with her. I told her that if I found someone causing trouble in the part she had been patrolling, she would have to go on a date with me."

Remus frowned, though he was chuckling. "There's no way she agreed to that stupid bet."

"Oh, you're one to talk." Sirius gave Remus a look. "Wasn't your first date with Greengrass based on a bet?"