[chapter twenty eight] tangled lies

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

After what had happened at the wreckage, Stiles had gone after Scott and I had called Allison to pick me up. Stood in the elevator beside Allison, I couldn't help the fact that I was nervously bouncing around whilst checking my phone every minute. They had promised me they would give me an update, but so far I had received radio silence. 

There was too much going on, too much happening. 

It was all so suffocating

"I'm scared, Aires." Allison admitted in a whisper.

She had seen the blood, it was unmissable. I hadn't told her the full truth, just that I switched reality and fell in the process. As much as I wanted to tell her the truth- I couldn't

"I'm scared too, Alli." I admitted. 

"What's happening to you? What happened in your subconscious?"

Quickly, I shook my head whilst biting on the inside of my cheek to suppress the tears from forming. Actual tears were in my eyes, threatening to spill, threatening to make an appearance. And I hated that, I hated how much I had been thrown off. I never cried, and yet there I was once, once again on the edge of hysteria. I couldn't tell Allison the truth, I couldn't tell her that I had fucked up one of the most important tasks I had. 

I already felt like a failure.

A small pinging sound sent me flying through the elevator doors and straight towards the apartment. As my fingers wrapped around the door handle, it swung open, revealing a teary eyed Chris, and guilt instantly blossomed in my chest. 

"Oh thank god." He whispered between a sob whilst grabbing the back of my head and pulling me into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled defeatedly. "I'm so fucking sorry."

"It will be okay. I promise it will be okay-"

"It won't." I snapped harshly whilst willing out of the embrace. "Don't you get it? Don't you understand? It won't ever be okay." I choked out as the hysteria claws its way through my veins. "I'm so tired, I'm so fucking tired. I don't want to do this anymore, any of this and- I just want to sleep."

Everything was so messy, so complicated. The pressure just continued to build up, pushing me further than I could handle. 

I was breaking.

"Can I sleep, please?"

"Of course, sweetheart." 

Silently, I walked into my room and slid under the covers, not bothering to take off my dirty clothes. I was so tired, so drained, so exhausted. And I was becoming hysterical. 

I wanted to sleep and never wake up. 

"Get some sleep, I will see you in the morning." 

"Thanks Dad."

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

To say the morning after my strange breakdown had been awkward would be the understatement of the century. Everyone was walking on eggshells around me yet again. 

Mindlessly, I slipped into a pair of low rise jeans before pulling a crop top over my head. Everything was robotic, it was as if I was there but not really there. I snatched my leather jacket off of the door before shrugging it on and checking my phone for an update.