Ch. V: Paraskeví [Preparation]

The sky is dark and clear, the moon and the stars were out for all to see. Welsh countryside, far from any major cities, meant that the sky was littered with white sparkling dots. The hilly terrain also gave the setting another aspect of beauty, and on top of one of these hills, there stands a magnificent ancient castle. It was flanked by lush green gardens, with a round pond situated on the end. Behind the castle was a thriving forest that headed further up the hill.

The small castle was built upon raised ground, with stone walls built into the hill itself. The five towers were arranged with the two tallest on the eastern corners, and the three smaller ones along the western side. The sets of towers flanked the main building, where the hallways and staircases traveled only five floors.

The castle was concealed from Muggles, much like Hogwarts. In fact, many compared it quite closely to the castle much further north. Except for its size. Reserved for wizarding royalty, it was regal and energetic with archaic magic the world had long forgotten. Every creature on the land could be easily heard on most days, whether it be the centaurs patrolling their forest, or even a splashing sound of the bowtruckles dancing over the lily pads on the pond. You could hear all of them, and wanted to.

In the back of the castle there was a bedchamber where an eleven year old boy slept soundly. The chamber was strewn with papers and books. The typical child's bedroom scene, but in the fanciest of homes. He is sleeping deeply without a worry or care in the world. A picture of innocence.

Innocence that was shattered when one had a closer inspection. This sweet little boy had a dagger hidden underneath his pillow. The boy had messy raven hair pooling over the bed as he slept, in his mind he was sitting next to the pond in his nightclothes. And he's studying magic far too advanced for a normal child of his age.

Hadrian was no ordinary child. He was no ordinary wizard.

In his dream, his legs dip into the water making ripples sweep across the pond. Bowtruckles chirp and paddle under the vibrations, making Hadrian chuckle. He waves to them, and they lift up their leafy arms in response. He turns back to the moonlight with his chillingly cold emerald eyes. Eyes yet again not suited to an eleven year old. His thoughts were broken up by someone coming to join him at his side, sitting on the edge with the boy.

"It's no surprise to see you out here, awake or asleep." His silky and low voice broke the serene silence. "But it's never midnight in your dreams. What's the problem?"

"Nothing. I'm fine Tom." He responds.

Tom Marvolo Riddle looked at the counterpart of his own soul, before grabbing his young chin and tipping it upwards so they locked eyes, "I know when you are lying, Hadrian. Your introduction to Hogwarts is nigh, isn't it?"

Hadrian's eyes hesitate before closing, he nods "yes. But it's not Hogwarts, it's them."

Tom sighs warmly before embracing him. "You can not delay the inevitable forever, you need to confront them in order to heal, but you will not be alone. I am always with you, and your godfathers are too. I know that you are a little warrior, and I know you can fight them. Perhaps in more ways than one." He draws a pendant out from Hadrian's pocket, stroking the dragon engraving with his finger. Hadrian looked down at the pendant with fondness.

"Remember who you are, my little dragon." Tom tells him.

Hadrian hummed and leant into his chest. The night's silence took over. He was lost in his thoughts, and in his soulmate's arms. He is the blood-adopted son of Pendragon and Merlin. The Potters were just biological. If they wanted to reconcile he was willing to grant them a chance, but if he cannot forgive, then they were no parents of his. Gringotts are also financially supporting him, so there's no need for the Potters in truth.