꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚂𝚒𝚡: 𝙼𝚢 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝙺𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚛 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

                                    "HEY NIK."
Skyler called curiously to the man who was getting ready in front of the mirror while she sat on the couch in his room drinking a blood bag. "Where are you going all dressed up anyway?"

Klaus narrowed his eyes at her in the mirror, "You have been sitting there bugging me for an hour and now you ask?" Skyler only arched a brow at him and he sighed, "I'm going to the pageant. I have a date with Caroline." He smirked.

Skyler hummed, draining the rest of her blood bag before she tossed it into the nearby trashcan and stood up, "I'm going with you."

"What?"

She rolled her eyes, "Relax. I won't cock block your date, I just want to get out of this house."

"You're supposed to be laying low since you decided to threaten your brother." He pointed out.

"Oh please," She rolled her eyes again, "You threaten people every day. Why can't I?" She responded, "Anyway, I'm going to get ready. Don't wanna be late."

"If you're not ready before 2, I'm leaving without you." He called after her as she walked out of the door.

______________

"Hi everyone, I'm Caroline Forbes." The blonde vamp called as she stood on stage, "As the reigning Miss Mystic Falls, it is my honor to introduce this year's, Miss Mystic Court." Everyone around Skyler began to clap for the girl, Skyler glanced around and slowly began to clap awkwardly.

She had been inside way too long.

"We begin the procession with Valerie Fell accompanied by Dylan Clark." There was a round of applause for Valerie as she walked down the stone steps to her date, Dylan, meanwhile Skyler began to regret coming, "Next we have Amber Wolvertine accompanied by Hector Lindsay." Another round of applause as Amber walked down, and then another girl was introduced.

How long would this last? Skyler wondered as she faked a polite smile while she clapped rather than daydreaming about killing everyone here.

"...And finally we have a last-minute entry, April Young accompanied by Jeremy Gilbert."

April walked down the steps but stopped when she realized Jeremy wasn't there, Caroline seemed to also notice this as she began to look around though she hid her worry with a big smile when, as if on cue, Matt stepped up. Drama in Mystic Falls, Skyler thought bored, who would've thought.

Skyler rolled her eyes and made her way through the crowd and over to the bar where Klaus was hanging out, "Not with your date?" She asked after she ordered a drink.

"She's with the doppelganger and I'm supposed to be on my best behavior so." He grinned mockingly which made Skyler laugh, the grin seemed so out of place.

"You must really like her huh?" She asked with a fond smile as she took a sip of her drink. "Speaking of looks like your date may need some help now." She said nodding to where Caroline was about to go off on Elena.

Klaus cleared his throat, "I'll be right back." He said before he stood and walked away.

Skyler settled into the barstool with her drink as she watched from afar, listening in to the conversation out of curiosity, "And the thought of you two together really makes me want to barf."

Hmm, maybe Klaus and Caroline were better together than she originally thought, Skyler thought, with that temper... it reminded her of well...

"Easy love, you're making a scene." Klaus said.

Elena scoffed as she looked at the unlikely pair, "Wow Caroline, thank you for making this very difficult time so much easier."

"How did I become the bad guy?" Caroline questioned after Elena walked away.

"Let's get you a drink," Klaus said as he moved to stand in front of her, "I'll tell you all about being the bad guy."

______________

"Kol, darling, love, and light of my life," Skyler called once Kol answered the phone as she sat down on her bed after she got out of her formal dress and into her comfy clothes which consisted of a tan shirt and black sweats.

"I could get used to that kind of greeting."

"Hey, this is serious." She scolded halfheartedly.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, darling, what's wrong Skygem, sweetheart, light of my life?" He responded teasingly.

She narrowed her eyes, "I need out of Mystic Falls. Like yesterday."

"So come back."

Skyler paused in surprise after he told her his plan he had mentioned it would be useful if she stuck around in Mystic Falls to get information, and with her complaints only being half-hearted she didn't expect his response to sound so serious. "What?"

"Come back. Everyone knows who you are now, love, you don't need to hide and you don't need to stay either." He told her sternly.

"But won't it be better if we know what's going on here?" She asked confused.

"With even Niklaus telling you to lay low?" He responded, "No. They won't tell you anything and I'd much rather have you by my side."

"Okay." Skyler nodded with a smile, "I'll pack a bag, be there tonight."

"The less clothes the better." He said just before the dial tone rang as she hung up, chuckling as she set her phone aside.

Looks like she had a bag to pack.

______________

"And where are you off to?" Klaus asked teasingly as she walked downstairs with her bag.

Skyler turned, looking at Klaus seriously, "I'm leaving, Nik."

"What?"

"I'm meeting up with Kol, we're gonna travel for a while." She explained before she sighed, "I just need out of this town for a while. I feel like it's suffocating me... and besides," she looked away, "my brothers both hate me, nothing is keeping me here."

"When?" He asked curiously, no sign of anger to be seen.

"Tonight." She told him, looking at her bag, "Right now actually."

Klaus pursed his lips, "I don't suppose you have time for a drink before you go?"

"You don't want me to stay?" She asked confused.

"Of course I want you to stay, Skyler, but nobody can keep you from my brother, not Stefan or Damon, or me." He responded with a chuckle, "So how about that drink?"

Skyler smiled at her best friend and nodded, "Sounds good." She agreed, setting down her bag.

Klaus offered a half-smile as he stood, grabbing two glasses and pouring her favorite liquor into each before he handed one over to her and settled into one of the bar stools. She took the other beside him and took a sip, exhaling before she looked at him curiously, "So how was your date with blondie?"

"Blondie?" He questioned with a raised brow.

Skyler narrowed her eyes and deadpanned, "Would you rather me call her hottie?"

"Blondie it is." Klaus chuckled, "As for the date... apparently I was perfect."

꧁ 𝟷,𝟷𝟺𝟽 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 ꧂

Small Disclaimer:
Between this chapter and last we did skip a few episodes that Skyler didn't really fit into (episodes 5 & 6) and between this chapter and the next we'll be skipping a few more (episodes 8, 9, and 10) because Skyler isn't there.
I just wanted to let everyone know so there's no confusion ❤️❤️