꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗: 𝙲𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝙼𝚎 𝙸𝚏 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝙲𝚊𝚗 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

"SOMETHING'S NOT RIGHT."
Damon pointed out as he walked into the bar with Jeremy, music was playing in the background as they walked in to see a giant blood smear on the ground.

They followed the blood trail into the back cold storage room where a giant pile of vampire corpses was found in the corner, "Looks like we're gonna have to find some new vampires. What a waste."

"What the hell happened?" Jeremy questioned as he looked around.

"I confess." Kol called in lieu of announcing himself as he walked in with Skyler by his side, unbothered by Jeremy pointing his bow at them, "I did it." He looked at Skyler and smirked, "Well... we did it."

"Kol? Skyler?"

"Jeremy good to see you mate." Kol greeted as Skyler offered a little mocking wave, "Sorry about the mess."

Skyler nodded in agreement, looking around to the pile of vampire corpses she told them, "It was a little crowded."

Kol wrapped an arm around her waist as he added, "And we prefer more intimate gatherings. We four need to have a little chat." He said, holding onto his wife with one arm while he uses his other to take a sip of bourbon straight from the bottle, "Care for a drink?"

"He's underage, and I don't like you," Damon told him and narrowed his eyes, "so let's just cut to it."

Kol hummed in consideration, "You know my brother bragged about his plan to complete Jeremy's hunter's mark. It was easy enough to track this lot down."

"They were all hiding in the shadows like cowards. They tried to run but..." Skyler licked her lips, licking away the last bit of blood that remained on her face after her meal, "I enjoy the chase."

"Now, killing young vampires is easy or old ones, for that matter." Kol told them conversationally.

"Why? What's it to you either way?" Damon asked.

"Because you fools in your zeal to find the cure, you risk waking someone very dangerous." Kol said.

"Oh... you must be talking about Silas."

"What do you know of him?" Kol questioned.

"Nothing." Damon shrugged, "Don't want to. Not our problem."

"Isn't it?" Skyler asked, Damon shook his head in response and she continued, "If he threatens your poor little Elena..."

"You know a few hundred years back, I came across a group that worshiped Silas. His followers told me that he would rise again, and when he did, he would trigger the end of all time." Kol explained, raising an eyebrow as he continued, "You know being an immortal, you can see why I'm opposed to time's ending. So I murdered all of them. And now, here you are willing to risk raising him in your search for the cure."

Kol tilted his head as he looked at his brother-in-law, "I can't exactly sit back and let that happen, can I?"

"We're not going to back off the cure 'cause you were told one too many scary bedtime stories, you idiot." Damon scoffed.

Kol's smirk dropped as his arm around Skyler fell, he pushed Damon with a scowl, "Jeremy, we were mates in Colorado. You're a smart lad." He said never taking his eyes off Damon, "Why don't you call off this imbecilic treasure hunt?"

Jeremy held up the bow and pointed it right at Kol as he responded, "I'm not calling anything off, mate." Skyler let out a growl similar to one a werewolf would produce upon seeing his bow pointed at her husband. She would kill him -- kill all of them --if they hurt Kol.