♣️22.

Tejasswi's phone rang disrturbing everyone present in the meeting . Her team leader paused and the manager that sat in the head seat of the conference table gave her a pointed look . She ignored the call and put it on vibrate . The phone rang again and this time her eyes fell on the caller name . She sucked in a breath looking at the screen .
" Hello? Yes " She answered the phone from Pratik's school and replied in affirmation when they asked if she was his guardian. After a brief  talk she had only gotten to know that his teacher wanted to talk about him and he had gotten hurt . Was he fine ? Was her first thought. She had confirmed the teacher she would be there but would she ? It was office hours and she had finally gotten a job she had worled very hard for. It was difficult to get such opportunity and she new she wouldn't get a leave since she was new employee.

" No . I don't care if your brother is hurt or your pet got injured . Tum logo ko bas drama karna aata hai " Teja bit her cheeks and gritted her cheeks at the obvious insult
" yeh rona dhona karke chutti miljayegi yahi laga tha na ? Did not work darling now go and work. Itna shauk hai chutti ka toh permanent chutti dedungi " Her  boss  pointed a finger at her ,her tone condescending .
" Ma'am please. This is really an emergency . I promise this won't happen again "
" Shup up  and leave my cabin. Also ek advice lelo , apna yeh emotional drama na kahi aur mat karna ,warna aage nahi bad paogi "
" So you are not giving me a leave " Teja's voice quivered a little but she held her head high as she had promised she was never going to let anything affect her .
" No. Permanent  leave chahiye ?" The boss mocked
" Yes. You'll get my resignation letter tomorrow " she gulped while boss's eyes widen . Teja paid no heed to her boss's screams and walked fast to her seat . She collapsed on her seat and it was then the tears poured out . Her back vibrated as she sobbed a little . Every time she tried moving forward , something held her bcak . Why couldn't everything go normally ? Why couldn't she enjoy the usual life ? . Why did she had to worry about having enough money to pay pratik's fees and other school expenses every day she woke up . Why did she have to wake up everyday worrying about what food will she have to make ? Wasn't she supposed to enjoy her life at this phase of her age . Like other girls did. They went out  , partied ,dressed up had boyfriends  And here she was who didn't even have friends . She collected her stuff as a colleague  looked at her with pity .

Something she hated the most.
She had gotten the same looks , when her parents had died , when her extended family had refused to take her in  , when she was left to take care of pratik alone , when she had to somtimes beg to the neighboures for food, when she told anyone how she was an orphan. There were a lot of instances and she seemed to hate the look more everytime .
" You said i am a princess , who would be able to get everything she wanted just by asking god for it .  You lied. Nothing like that happened . I asked god for you to come back , but he never sent you . So i stopped talking to god . " She whispered

********

" What happened ?" Teja dismissed the meeting hurriedly. Her panic was visible on her face as well as in her voice .

" I am asking you something is he fine ? " She asked franatically on not getting any response from him and she searched for her phone.

" He met with an accident . He is in hospital " Her heart stopped a bit hearing that and face went blank .
Her body felt numb .

Was he fine ? No.... Nothing can happen to him . He should be fine . Several thoughts ran through her mind .

" Teja? " Rohit nudged her