Chapter Forty

Taylor's POV

FOUR YEARS LATER

I nervously put on my wedding dress, my hands shaky.

It's been four years since me and Nicolas got together officially and it's been the best four years of my entire life.

He proposed to me only a few months ago, and now here we were.

I remember asking him that day of the interview where he saw himself in five years.

He didn't want a wife or kids, or...anything. Everything really has changed. He's the love of my life and I couldn't be any happier.

"Let me help you," Sophia says, pulling my zipper up. I asked her to be my maid of honor and she accepted with no hesitation.

"Thank you," I sigh, looking in the mirror.

"Look at you. Finally getting married," Soph laughs then sniffles. "You finally got your happy ending."

"Thanks Soph," I sniffle, hugging her tightly. We both pull away, smiling softly.

"Don't cry. You'll mess up your makeup and I'm not doing it all over again," she laughs.

"Ok," I smile.

"Your Mom would be so proud of you," she says.

"Thank you Soph," I say, more tears threatening to spill.

"Ok seriously, let's get you to your groom before you mess up your makeup," she smiles, pulling me out the room.

I get my flowers and walk down the aisle, holding my dad's hand as he smiles down at me.

Me and my dad reach Nicolas and I smile at him, happy we got to this point after a while. It feels nice to have him in my life after all these years.

I look in the crowd, smiling at Nicolas' parents before turning back around.

"We're here on behalf of Taylor Thomas and Nicolas Romano."

We make eye contact and for what feels like the very first time my heart flutters like it did the very first time I saw him. He mouths, you look beautiful and I thank him before it's time to say our vows.

"I, Nicolas Romano, take thee, Taylor Thomas, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I pledge thee my faith," Nicolas says.

I take a deep breath, and collect myself.

"I, Taylor Thomas, take thee, Nicolas Romano, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I pledge thee my faith," I say, exhaling a deep breath.

We exchange rings and look at each other, smiling widely.

"You may now kiss the bride."

We waste no time and connect our lips in a soft, passionate kiss. Everyone cheers loudly and after a while we eventually pull away, resting our foreheads against each other's.

"I love you Thomas."

"I love you Romano."

____________________________________

I don't know how a weddings works because I'm not married.

I got the "vows" off the internet (once again). Sue me but, I tried ;)

Please vote, comment, and follow! It's greatly appreciated!

Take care my loves.

aaliyah rose <3