Chapter 7 - Stealing the Stolen

--THE KINGSBARROW--

After leaving the rock behind and making your way past the Emerald Coast, you arrived at the new home of the Red Orb

After leaving the rock behind and making your way past the Emerald Coast, you arrived at the new home of the Red Orb. Upon further inspection, something was off about it.

Y/N: "Strange. I was expecting there to be at least a few soldiers patrolling the place."

Eleven: "Carnelian probably recalled them to help search for us."

Erik: "Why are you so concerned about the guards? Them being gone just makes getting the Orb back much easier."

Y/N: "I mean, that is true.."

You climbed up the long staircase ahead and entered the main chamber. Inside, there was a shocking sight: bodies of soldiers laying on the ground.

Y/N: "Well that's where the guards were after all."

The three of you rushed over to check on the bodies. Erik shook one of them a bit, but they didn't react at all.

Erik: "What the heck happened here...? Who did this to them?"

Suddenly, a mysterious breeze swept through the room at your feet.

Erik: "Huh?"

Y/N: "That's odd..."

Eleven: "Where'd that come from?"

You quickly took the initiative and started investigating. You took a peak behind the large two-headed eagle statue near the back of the room, and there was a set of stairs that lead down. Very faintly, you could hear the faint noises of monsters.

Y/N: "Looks like we found the suspects."

Eleven and Erik quickly caught up to you as you descended down the stairs. The basement was labyrinthine in layout, with a decent amount of winding paths, all filled with more Tricky Devils and other monsters. Fightin your way through, you reached the bottom of the Kingsbarrow. Before entering a large door, you heard some cackling from the other side.  

Y/N: "What the hell is that?"

Eleven: "Whatever it is, it's not good."

You three ran inside and gazed upon your prize: The Red Orb. Unfortunately, there were two big problems from taking it unharmed, and they were eying it up just as much as you.

 Unfortunately, there were two big problems from taking it unharmed, and they were eying it up just as much as you