product misplacemANT

After the Kennedy event, Fletcher and I smoothed out the bumps in the road Kennedy left. We were back to normal, which was a relief to me. I loved Fletcher entirely, and he loved me. He's just never said it.

Mr. Grundy walked into the Ant Farm. He seemed happy as he carried a briefcase.

"Hello, prodigies! I have something amazing to show you," Mr. Grundy explained.

"Ooh, is it a million dollar coin?" Fletcher asked, standing up with my hand still clasped with his.

"Sorry. Don't have one on me. I did, but I left it in the take-a-million-dollar-coin, leave-a-million-dollar-coin tray at the yacht store," Mr. Grundy admitted.

"Well, the next time you have one of those, just give it to me. Because, as of five seconds ago, I am a coin collector," Chyna said.

"Anyway, this is what I want to show you. A top secret pre-release prototype of the new zPhone 4!" Mr. Grundy announced. "And you're each getting one!"

We cheered. I was the first one to get one. Chyna, Olive, Fletcher.

"I can use this with my friends and family plan!" Olive realized. She turned to Fletcher. "And Fletcher, you can use it with your family plan."

"Just keep these with you at all times. It's loaded with new cutting edge features that our biggest competitor, Hashimoto Mobile, would love to get their hands on. Their CEO, Mr. Hashimoto, is a ruthless businessman."

The company jingle played on the TV. I furrowed my eyebrows. The company looked innocent, not like the company Mr. Grundy described. But I have to trust the businessman.

"This feature list is amazing!" Olive said. "3D calling, facial recognition... An alibi app?"

"Olive was at my place watching a television program when Fletcher was savagely attacked."

"Ooh, excuses like that could come in handy!" Olive smirked.

"Well, 3D calling sounds cool! Let's try it, Olive," Chyna decided.

"This is a lot better than my original zPhone," I reasoned.

"Anyway, once you've tried them out for a few days, I'd love your feedback," Mr. Grundy explained.

Chyna scoffed. "Here's my feedback. This is awesome!"

~~~

"You guys are crazy," I said after they explained the plan.

"Come on, (Y/n). It'll be fun," Chyna insisted.

"It won't be fun when Winter catches you."

~~~

"I told you."

Fletcher had his arm around me as we sat in the Ant Farm. Olive was sitting with us when Chyna came into the room.

"Guys, I have a huge problem! I've looked everywhere, and I can't find my zPhone!" Chyna exclaimed.

"Okay. Relax. Maybe someone found it," Olive reasoned. "Uh. Here. Call it in 3D mode and you'll be able to see who picks up."

"Good idea!" Chyna entered her number on the phone. A man appeared in 3D.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Hashimoto? You have my phone?" Chyna questioned.

"No. This is not Mr. Hashimoto. My name is... Steve Jones."

"Oh no. We've got to figure out a way to get the phone back," Chyna said.

"This could ruin Z-Tech, C. I'll help you," I assured her.

"Mr. Grundy is going to kill me!" Chyna exclaimed. "And get away with it because he has an alibi app! Wait. I bet Mr. Hashimoto will be back at the sushi bar trying to reclaim his karaoke crown. We can go confront him."

"We're grounded. And Winter's watching us like a hawk," Fletcher hissed.

~~~

The four of us went to the sushi bar. We were there to support and protect Chyna.

"There's Mr. Hashimoto. We need a plan," Chyna said.

"Okay. We'll need three full-length mirrors to create a retro-reflective surface-"

"Is that your only plan?" I questioned.

"Hey, when it works, it works," Olive said innocently.

"You again!" Mr. Hashimoto spoke angry Japanese to us.

"What did you just call me?" Chyna snapped.

"Nothing. I was just ordering sushi," Mr. Hashimoto explained.

"Forget that. You have my zPhone, and I need it back!" Chyna snapped.

"You mean this phone?" Mr. Hashimoto pulled out the phone. Chyna reached for it, but he pulled it away. "Oh, no! Too slow!"

"Fine. Then I challenge you to a Super Karaoke Duet Showdown! Winner gets the phone," Chyna challenged.

"You know my honor will not allow me to say no," Mr. Hashimoto said. "Let's flip a coin to see who chooses the song."

"Is that a million dollar coin?" Chyna realized.

"Yes. I took it from a plastic dish at the yacht store," Mr. Hashimoto explained.

"Heads!"

Mr. Hashimoto laughed. "There's no heads on a million dollar coin. Only diamond and butler. Now, the song. I choose... Tokyo Anime Look by J-Pop sensation Kumiko Iwasaki! In Japanese!"

~~~

The two were dressed in costumes. The three of us were sitting at a table. The song started. Chyna could sing in Japanese, which surprised all of us. We clapped, smiling. I knew she was going to win.

"Okay, time for the Applause-O-Meter. Who liked the little annoying girl's performance?"

A lot of the crowd cheered and clapped. "And who liked my much better, less pitchy performance?"

Olive got one clap in before I stopped her.

"Olive!" Chyna said in disbelief.

"The nemesis of my nemesis is my friend," Olive said. "Plus, he shared a sushi platter with me."

"Well, I still won. You have to give me the phone," Chyna said.

Mr. Hashimoto laughed as I sneakily got up from my seat. "Forget it. We have an old saying in Japan. Finders keepers, losers weepers."

"Looks like you dropped something, Mr. Hashimoto. Your pride, your honor, and your crown. And also this." I held up the phone when I was a suitable distance away from the stage.

"Yes, you got the phone!" Olive cheered.

"Now I won't get in trouble!" Chyna said.

"Actually, you will!"

We turned, surprised. Winter was standing there in her kimono.

"You are getting very sleepy..." I snapped my fingers, and she blinked. The others had the chance to escape while I was talking. I ran after them as I heard a faint, "Where did they go?"