Ch 55

The next day.

I looked through the temple library’s archives for the Hunting Festival, which I had previously borrowed. There were also interesting records of what happened at previous Hunting Festivals.

It says that during the last Hunting Festival, a man named Mueller, the Crown Prince’s imperial teacher, was killed by several accidentally-fired arrows.

The arrows were fired by Baron Dmitry and Baron Ludwig. They were close aides to the Queen.

The Crown Prince requested a re-investigation, which was denied.

I’d heard their names the day before.

‘As expected, it was Kyle’s job.’

The closer he got, the more vigilant he became, but he was definitely a dangerous man.

In fact, it seems that none of the three male leads are harmless.

As long as their blade is aimed away from me, they’ll be an excellent ally, but if it’s directed at me, as in the original story or prophecy, I won’t be as terrified.

In any case, we’re allies because we’re each making deals against one enemy, the Queen, and friendship through a common enemy…

That’s when my thoughts got to that point.

Suddenly, I heard something knocking from the window.

I came up to the window, a bit nervous, and was amazed to see the child outside.

As soon as I opened the window, the child from the Thieves Guild snuck into my room.

“Are you a Sword Master as well?”

The child, as if he did not understand what I was talking about, asked in return,

“Yes? What do you mean?”

“Ah. It’s nothing. How did you get here?”

“I climbed the wall.”

The child answered casually.

Well, if he had flown like Kyle, he wouldn’t have been at risk of being killed when he was hit by Alberto’s horse.

“What information do I need to know?”

I assigned the child a mission on the day I went to the Hunting Festival.

The child nodded and opened his mouth,

“I found out that Her Majesty the Queen’s maid had bought what the Saintess had said.”

“Where?”

I’ve been to Lloyd’s Top before and witnessed the Queen’s maid becoming enraged. She said that Lloyd’s Top doesn’t deal with corporate affairs.

I passed it on thoughtlessly at that time, but now that the Queen has become an enemy, I need even a tidbit of information.

“It was barely purchased from the Deviamon Wizards Guild through a string that opened.”

“If it’s Deviamon…”

Based on the information I gleaned from the books I read, there were various types of wizard guilds.

In fact, the term ‘school’ was better suited to the group of wizards than the name guild. As for the Deviamon Guild, it was a highly secretive and powerful organization with a long history of black magic.

“Wait. So instead of seizing evidence that she bought Cronia…”

“……?”

It’s also a guild with as many different kinds of ghost stories as there are in modern Freemasonry.