unwANTed

"Olive?" I knocked on the door to her room. I opened the door, noticing the dark space. "Princess, you haven't lost your crown yet."

"I've lost my throne," Olive sobbed.

"Brain Queen," I said. She needed to pull herself together. "Look. Here's what we're going to do. We're going to have a girls' day. You, me, and Chyna. I reminded Fletcher that said girls' day is for girls, so I turned my phone off."

"What are we going to do?" Olive asked, sitting up.

"We're going to the museum," Chyna said as she walked into the room.

"Yeah. Obviously, after breakups we know that we think a piece of our soul is missing because it filled that void. We're filling it with self-discovery," I explained.

"Get dressed, we're going out," Chyna said, pulling her out of bed.

~~~

We spent the day trying to get Olive to feel better. Over time, there were less tears. She was eventually sad, but her smile was small. I turned my phone back on when we got her back in their dorm, and she was drifting off to sleep for a small nap. I was ready to fall asleep myself.

~~~

I was on the roof, staring at the stars from a table. I was reading, but I got distracted easily. A pair of arms wrapped around me, making me squeak. He was barely able to lift me off the ground, but he pulled me into a hug.

"I always find you up here." Fletcher kissed my cheek as he pulled away.

"I was at a Fix-An-Olive workshop. What were you doing?" I asked curiously.

"Fake driving a fake talking car," Fletcher said casually.

"Chyna got chased around by a Russian spy," I pointed out.

"Even," Fletcher decided.

I giggled. He stared at me, his pupils dilated. Perhaps it was dark, but it wasn't so dark that they wouldn't be as wide as they were. I looked at him, confused.

"Is somethin-"

"I love you," Fletcher blurted. He froze, but repeated, "I love you."

I hugged him tightly. The warmth of his body protected me from the soft cold wind of the night. I pulled away, looking into his eyes. Was he joking? He wasn't. He definitely wasn't by the way his eyes were dilated.

"I love you too," I replied.

We smiled. Fletcher's hands softly rested on my hips, holding me in front of him. I felt on top of the world. He said I love you. I told him I love him. And he didn't say it because we were forced to. He said it because of happiness. Joy.

Love.