[28] I'm Not a Hero

YN and Bucky looked through the crowds of people, their eyebrows pulled together in concentration. "What's our plan?" YN murmured, looking to the brunette in thought. "We can't just go in all hells blazing if we don't even know their move."

"I'm almost there." Sam said through the comms, his voice tight with concern. "Karli has got to be close."

"Well, that's a whole lot of nothing," YN grumbled, crossing her arms. "Thanks Sam."

"Anytime, sweetheart." Rolling her eyes, YN followed Bucky through the crowds. "Just keep your eyes open."

"It could be anybody." Bucky nodded to an officer, the acknowledgment from the man making Bucky frown. "C'mon Sarge." YN winked, making Bucky give her a deadpan look.

"And, by the way," Sam called through their line. "I called in some backup."

"Excuse me," an officer frowned, grabbing YN's elbow. "Are you two supposed to be in here?" YN snatched her elbow back, nearly hissing at the contact from the grabby man. A split second later, he had lifted his hand and pulled at his face, revealing a much more familiar and much more feminine set of features. "It's me."

"Sharon?" YN said in surprise, her mouth pulling into a small frown.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Bucky muttered, also frowning toward the blonde woman.

"Relax," Sharon returned, rolling her eyes. "No one is looking for me here."

"Is that Sharon?" Sam asked and YN gritted her teeth, not wanting to show it but once again, she was irked by the connection Sam and Sharon were showing.

"Yes."

"Unfortunately." YN smacked Bucky's arm as Sharon rolled her eyes, lifting her hand to her ear.

"Hey, Sam," she chuckled. "Thought I'd get the old band back together."

"Thank you," Sam responded in a soft tone. "You're risking a lot coming here."

"I hear pardons aren't all they're cracked up to be." She chuckled, winking at Bucky who rolled his eyes in return.

"My guess is they'll move on the building soon," YN said, turning her back on Bucky and Sharon and moving toward the door. "Stay alert."

YN entered through the door alone, nodding to Bucky to move off to the left with Sharon to scout the perimeter, not wanting their trio to gain any attention. A few people nodded their head to YN as she slinked through the crowd, some even going as far to wave and grin at her, as if they were in the presence of a celebrity.

In fact, YN had noticed a lot of that since their show down with the mad titan from hell. People were grateful for her efforts, they stopped her for photos and autographs, wanting to hear her story. YN would smile and oblige, signing the magazines and posing for pictures, even if she thought it was all hypocrisy, considering what they'd lost.

Scouting the room, YN frowned as she watched some security guards close some doors, turning people away as they tried to enter. The room was slowly filtering into nothing as the people were detoured away and YN closed her eyes, finally realizing what was happening.

"I think we have a problem," YN murmured into her earpiece, turning her back on the guards that still had yet to look at her. "They know we're here."

Before anyone could answer, an explosion shook the building and people began screaming bloody murder, running from the building in sheer terror. YN turned to see the guards advancing toward her, their fists clenched in preparation.