24. SO-CALLED HE

Rolling around in bed, the first thing that Jimin notices is the shower running. He snuggles into the blankets, remembering what happened last night and just how exactly he ended up in Jeongguk's penthouse. He rolls onto his back, placing his arm against his forehead while staring up at the ceiling, letting out a sigh.

He finds his reflection in the mirror, chewing on his bottom lip. Unaware of just exactly who's staring back at him, Jimin struggles to place his thoughts in order.

"I can't believe it," he mumbles to himself, placing his fingers against his lips as he looks at the bathroom door.

Telling Jeongguk seems like the only option but how much more drama will he create if he does so? Will things be worse if he keeps it a secret?

With Jeongguk's dad in the city, everything that he does must be done with careful calculation. He doesn't doubt the man's father for one second, even though he has never met him. He never wants to.

Jimin sighs, throwing the blanket off of him and tossing his legs over the side of the bed. He wanders toward the bathroom, keeping his fingers curled around the doorknob, contemplating momentarily before pushing it open.

His eyes still feel puffy from all of the crying he did last night and he doesn't forget what Jeongguk said about their relationship either - the fact that it's built entirely off of lies.

He chooses to believe that it isn't true. Because if one thing is for certain, Jimin's feelings for Jeongguk are entirely real.

Without saying anything, he undresses, slipping into the shower. Jeongguk doesn't notice until he places one of his hands on the man's shoulder blade.

"You're awake," Jeongguk says and all that Jimin can focus on is how the water slides down the former's back.

"Kind of. Still half asleep," Jimin replies quietly, moving his hand to Jeongguk's arm.

The man turns around and Jimin looks up at him, feeling his stomach flutter. Because no matter how upset he is, Jeongguk always manages to look at him in such a way that conveys all of the affection he isn't showing physically or verbalizing.

Jeongguk raises his hand, placing it on the side of Jimin's face. He leans in, brushing their noses together before kissing him on his soft lips. The smaller hums softly in response, sliding his hands along the man's back.

"I'm sorry about what I said last night. I crossed a line and I should have known better than to say something like that. Knowing that I made you cry makes me feel sick to my stomach, baby." Jeongguk moves his thumb against Jimin's cheekbone tenderly.

As if Jimin has no control over his actions, his head falls. Of course Jeongguk's words upset him but obviously enough, that isn't why he was crying. Arms close in around his small frame and he places his face against the crook of Jeongguk's neck, holding back his tears.

Jeongguk traces his fingers onto Jimin's back. The latter can tell that Jeongguk knows something else is of the matter and yet he can't get the words to come up because he's afraid and embarrassed.

"Something else happened last night, right?" he questions, voice soft and lips smooth against Jimin's ear. "You speak your mind but you've been holding something back, I can tell."

Jimin exhales, fingers hesitant against the man's skin. "Let's get dressed first and then I'll tell you," he decides.

"Whatever you want, baby." Jeongguk leans in and places another kiss against Jimin's lips.

The both of them finish cleaning themselves up, sitting in the living room. Jimin has had a lot of difficulty looking Jeongguk in his eyes, even though the latter has no problem doing so.