05. 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔟𝔬𝔡𝔶

It was a hard feeling to not want to get up

To practically be glued to your bed as all you could do is lie in the pitiful puddle you've made of yourself. To watch everyone's life go by while you sat stuck in your bed. To be too drained to even stand.

But Y/n Byers soon discovered it was no where near as painful as losing someone. Of knowing deep down you'll never see them again, no matter how much you pray, no matter how much you dream. That's all it really is, a plea, a fantasy.

But the worst part of losing someone?

Expecting them to be around when they won't be, not ever again.

Y/n stared at the empty bed beside hers, waiting for Will to come back from getting a midnight snack. She stared at his shoes and thought to herself how he needed to clean them. She watched his empty seat at the dining table, wondering why he was taking so long to wash up for dinner.

But then it all came crashing back down on her, worse than before.

"Oh yeah, he's dead." She'd remind herself.

She couldn't cry anymore though, she couldn't scream or sob or sleep. She couldn't talk. No matter how hard she tried.

The tears from yesterday stained her pillow and blurred her eyes, but they never rolled down her cheeks anymore; no matter how hard she tried.

>>>

Mike was gazing through some of Will's old drawings while Eleven was fiddling with Mike's supercomm. Ten was fiddling with the chess board by himself. Silence filled the air.

That is until static crackled on the supercomm as Eleven kept repeatedly turning it on and off. A grieving Mike had noticed this and cocked his head to face the two, "Can you please stop that?" He snapped, anger festering up inside of him.

Eleven rose her eyes to his before looking back at the supercomm, turning it off and on once more as static roared from the supercomm, "Are you deaf?" Mike exclaimed. Ten looked up at Mike, his eyes wide, "I thought we were friends, you know? But friends tell each other the truth. And they definitely don't lie to each other." Mike paused for a second, looking from Ten and Eleven every few seconds to show that he was talking about both of them, "You made us think Will was okay, that he was still out there, but he wasn't. He wasn't! Maybe you thought you were helping, but you weren't. You hurt me. You hurt all of us! Do you understand? What you did sucks. Lucas was right about you two. All along."

Without Eleven pressing a button on the supercomm, static began hissing from the supercomm followed by... singing? "So come on and let me know." Mike's eyes widened as he found this voice so distinct in his mind, he couldn't quite put his finger on it, "Should I stay or should I go? Should I stay or should I go now? Should I stay or should I go now? If I go there will be trouble. If I stay it will be double."