48 | Andi

The arena was in an uproar

               Fans screaming shaking the building once Hassan dunked that last shot at the buzzer. The winning shot that made the Dallas Cobras the champions of the season. Knowing the history, it has been very long since the Cobras won a championship and this day made that the past because the Cobras were now the championship titleholders.

               I was in the skybox, screaming just as loud, with Hassan's mother and three sisters—Ginger, Dawn, and Remy, while holding Arya that wore noise canceling earphones.

               Hassan released the rim, landing on his feet, and roaring out in passion. Remy wasted no time to leave out the skybox and we were quick to follow her. Cobras players had Hassan on their shoulders in the air. When he spotted us, he gestured to be let down and he embraced his mother and sister's first.

               "Say: congratulations papa." I instructed to Arya as Hassan made his way over to us.

               He smiled wide, grabbing her and lifting her in the air for a second before bringing her down and kissing her cheeks. He, then, hugged me. "I'm all sweaty and shit."

               I chuckled. "It's okay," I stared up at him smiling. "Congratulations baby."

               Arya was removed from his hold by his mother, Cree, so he could hug me close and kiss me.

               Love you in the morning

               Hug you at night

               I was confused at the singing voice sounding so clearly. I broke our kiss slowly and realized the arena was dark, aside from the spotlight on singer J.Howell singing a clean version of Love You in the Morning—our song, and a woman dancer moved her body effortlessly to the beat.

               Kissin overrated

              Grab a hold tight

               "Ha-" My words got caught in my throat at the sight of Hassan down on one knee. "Oh my God."

               "Unexpected right?" he smiled at up at me, "You've been wondering why I been sneaky lately and it was for this moment right here. Joie, Caren, and Andi didn't rat me out. Thank God."