Chapter 3 | Happy Birthday, Momma!

My mom is a Designer, so she works tirelessly for me and Dad. She has a strong work ethic. It is something I admire about Mom. Mom is the breadwinner in the household, which neither me, Dad nor Mom don't mind! Such a hard working woman should be celebrated!

Today is Mom's Birthday! So Dad and I are at the local otaku store to buy a Blu-ray box set of her favorite manga series: Crimecatch Policure. I personally don't really like it and Dad doesn't read much due to housework, but if Mom loves it, so be it!

"'My Sister is Crazy?'" Dad read the figurine that he was holding, with confusion. "What the hell is this?"

I looked at the figurine, "...Isn't this just a figurine of a school girl?"

I noticed that we were getting looking at the store, I mean, I'd be weirded out if I see a over 6ft tall, yakuza-looking man, with a scar on his left eye, with sunglasses, with a 5ft 2in, teenage, young girl, that doesn't look related to him, let alone wearing a black face mask, baggy pants, and a tank top. It can also look like local Yakuza members shopping... for figurines.

"Anyways, where would we find some of those volumes?" I looked around, "I don't know where to look..."

"Let's ask the cashier..." Dad suggested.

We walked up to the cashier, which looked like he was sweating bullets. I was going to say something, but-

SLAM!

Dad put his steel suitcase on the counter and looked at him, dead in the eyes, "Keep your mouth shut. And no eye contact."

But you are looking at him in the eyes-

"Do you have a Blu-ray box set of Crimecatch Policure?" Dad concluded.

...

The cashier geeked out about what they had in stock, then he talk about why so and so was better than the others and blah blah blah...

Me and Dad had the same expression on our faces.

As he continued, I grabbed Dad's money envelope from his pocket

As he continued, I grabbed Dad's money envelope from his pocket. I, with the envelope in hand, slammed it on the counter, "Look, give us the best one. Here's the money."

...

Dad spoke up, "Also, can I get a Loyalty card?"

~

"*Sigh* I'm so worn out..."

"Daddy! I heard Mom's voice! She is here!" I said as I had my ear placed on the front door. I turned to him, he had his metal detector and handed it to me. "Go time."

We walked out and stood in front of her outside.

Mom looked surprised, "Huh? Oh, you two startled-"

Dad started to pat her down and I came in with the metal detector, scanning her, no even saying a word.