Let Me Down Slowly : What Kind Of Love?

Summary :

Sunghoon needed to understand something.

He needed to understand why the image of Jay playing with his son looked so right.

He wanted to be selfish and pretend, it was all his.

Korean
Mandarin
Japanese

_★彡

Sunghoon groaned as he wearily lifted his body from his sofa. He reached around, patting his hair and his body as a way of re-familiarising with his surroundings.

Right.

He'd fallen asleep, a product of exhaustion and pure boredom from waiting to go to work. It had already been a few days after he'd dropped Riki off with Jay at his father's house and he was happier than usual.

Jay had felt dispirited about leaving Riki, even if it felt unfair that he wanted him around all the time.

What could he say? He loved his little Ki, even if he wasn't little anymore, all grown up now, a full head above him, a strong, healthy alpha who wasn't afraid to show his compassion and gentle manner. His little destructive curious cuddly boy wasn't a pup anymore, it was still hard to take in.

Look, he was allowed to waddle around Sunghoon's penthouse, feeling the separation every second he was away from him.

Sunghoon was glad, and that was because he'd decided to migrate there until Riki was ready to come back home. He didn't mind watching Jay walk around with a huge pout, he'd always end up attaching himself to Sunghoon one way or the other, he really couldn't complain.

That was until he woke up alone. After collecting the thoughts in his brain,  he recalled feeling the weight on his body disappear followed by a little whisper.

"I'm gonna go take a shower", Sunghoon's sleepy self had whined, "I'll be back Hoon-ah"

Sunghoon frowned as he glanced down at his shiny watch, Jay hadn't come back yet, he hadn't slept that long.

Great, it was already past three in the afternoon, he did not want to be late for work.

He smoothed out the suit he already had changed into and begrudgingly stood up.

In the middle of a good stretch, his phone rang.

"Hello", he sounded a bit tired.

"Hello sir, I'm sorry to disturb you but there's a Jang Wonyoung in the lobby"

"What are you waiting for then?", he asked in confusion, alarming the person over the phone, "send her up, she's on the list, is she not?"

"Apologies sir, let me do that right away"

"Wonyoung?", he asked himself for a moment after the line had been disconnected, "what's she doing here?"

He wasted little time in his thoughts and strode across the room to open the door.

Sunghoon's head peeked out comically in time for him to see the elevator doors open across the hallway and out came Jang Wonyoung with a little boy beside her.

"Sangie!"

"!", Sunghoon knelt down and opened his arms to carry him up. At that moment, Sunghoon didn't care that if he didn't leave in less than half an hour, he'd be late for work.

"Oh, you're getting heavy, you're growing up so much. Am I getting old?", the child only giggled at his father's antics.

"Sangie, come get your jersey, you'll get cold!", a tired looking Wonyoung called out to the six-year old who'd escaped from her grip. Sangwon looked at his mother and gave a big smile before he shook his head. He wiggled around in Sunghoon's hold before he placed him down, only for the little boy to run into the living room, letting out tiny squeaks of joy.