Forty-nine | Weird...

Curled in Gideon's embrace, Visena had the best sleep of her life. When they woke, it was dark, and the night air was crisp, billowing through the open window. It had been fixed while Visena was with the Council, and she hadn't seen it yet. It looked good as new through her bleary eyes. "You fixed it." Her sleepy voice had Gideon chuckling. "Yeah, I fixed it."

She sighed contentedly and draped herself over his warm torso before stiffening.

"What's wrong, Vi?" Gideon propped himself onto his elbows and looked down at his frazzled mate.

"There is so much to do, and I don't know where to start," Visena said, burying her face in the duvet. She groaned and kicked her feet a few times, satisfied by the rhythmic plopping sounds.

Gideon scooped her under the armpits and pulled her over his chest, their faces parallel. "Whatever we decide, we do it together. Take a deep breath with me." The Alpha's chest rose beneath Visena, and she mimicked his movement with an inhalation of her own and a wide smile.

"You're cute." She pressed her nose against his. "I love you," she whispered.

"I love you more," he replied breathlessly.

After a chaste kiss, Visena decided what to do first. "Can you call Calypso and Mihnea? I need to tie up a few loose ends."

Gideon scoffed and squeezed Visena so tightly that she wheezed before erupting into a fit of giggles.

"Gideon, stop it!"

"What loose ends, huh? You're turning cryptic, Visena." He tried to tickle her, but she wiggled out of his grip and skittered off the bed in a huff.

"Are you gonna call them or not?"

"They're already here," Gideon smirked before climbing out of the California king and freshening up in the adjacent bathroom.

"How do you know?" She ran after him and saw his naked form retreating into the shower. She spun away, blushing but quickly turned back with a furrowed brow. 

Why should I be embarrassed? We had sex, for godsakes. 

With rejuvenated confidence, she stripped off and climbed in behind Gideon. His body was even sexier from behind. His shoulders, back and ass, were perfect. Bodies carved in marble for all eternity had nothing on the beauty of her mate.

He spun quickly, feeling her breath on his back and almost slipped on the sudsy floors. Visena grabbed his shoulders and steadied him against the tiled wall, leaning her body against his. He bit his lip and stared at her openly.

Visena kept her eyes trained on his. "We won't be getting anything done if you keep staring at me like that."

"You were making all the plans," Gideon quipped, dropping his hands to her waist when his eyes suddenly glossed over. He blinked after a moment and pulled a face. "Cal is getting impatient."

"What's new?"

He kissed her plump lips and helped remove all the grime from their bodies. Gideon would have to remember to strip the bed after falling asleep covered in soil and death. 

Amateur.

*

"Well, I hope you're satisfied after making me wait for thirty minutes. Although I figured you would have more stamina, being Alpha and all." Calypso's pointed look at Gideon had him rolling his eyes and dragging her into the empty dining room. Gideon had sent the rest of the pack to the forest to train that night.

"Get your ass in here and be quiet. I don't need the whole pack gossiping about my sex life."

Gideon found his seat at the head of the table, and Visena lingered in the doorway as Calypso sat opposite him. The Alpha tried to signal Visena to sit down, but she waited for something. Someone.