i. the life of eloise diaz

CHAPTER ONE❀ ✿ one percent ✿ ❀

CHAPTER ONE
❀ ✿ one percent

"TURN THAT THING OFF!" A voice boomed from the other side of the door. Eloise Diaz shot up from her sleep, her alarm clock blaring beside her, 6:55am the clock read, she slammed her hand on the button causing it to finally stop. "Shit, shit, shit." She panicked getting out of bed, her alarm had been going off for ten minutes and she hadn't woken up, "How the hell didn't I wake up?" She exclaimed.

She ran out the door towards her bathroom, luckily she'd prepared her outfit the night before so she wouldn't spend 20 minutes deciding. She wore overalls that were slightly ripped at the knees, a baby blue crew neck and her white convers (her favourite shoes). Her wavy hair was left as it was but she put on a black beanie with a white daisy embroidered on the front.

Grabbing her schoolwork and bag she checked the time, 7:15, he would be here in 15 minutes. She ran downstairs to greet her older sister, Olive, and her girlfriend, Riley.

Olive sat at the kitchen island, papers scattered across it.

"How to preform a coronary artery bypass," Eloise read aloud. Olive was a second year med-student meaning she was constantly studying. After the girls parents died Olive was left to care for her younger sister which scared her, so she asked for help. The brunette's girlfriend was more then happy to move in with them, she worked as a kindergarten teacher and was the nicest woman you'd ever meet.

"Eat you're breakfast." Olive demanded. Pushing the bowl of cereal towards the 16 year old. She chugged down her food as she could, careful to not choke. She placed her bowl in the sink, kissing her sister on the cheek and walking out of the room and into the den. "I'll see you after school."

There stood Riley Montgomery flipping through her binder, "Hey, El, you leaving?" The blonde asked looking up.

The Latina nodded, "Yeah, just wanted to say goodbye." She walked over and placed a kiss on her cheek. The two were awfully close even before Riley moved in. Where Olive was the strict older sister, Riley was more laid back. It gave the household a sort of balance and Eloise was thankful for that. She waved goodbye once again as she heard honking coming from outside. She quickly exclaimed a last love you and went out the door.

There he was, Anthony Foster, her best friend since 3rd grade. They'd met when Eloise had first moved, Anthony was in the office getting ice for his knee (he had hurt it during gym class) and Eloise noticed and decided to talk to him. At first he said nothing but soon realizing the girl was nervous he'd quickly began to converse. Soon after they went to class only to realize they were in the same class. From that day forward Anthony Foster and Eloise Diaz were best friends.