Birthday Girl || 10

"i'm gonna stay up and watch you hide all the presents for me," aera giggles, sitting on the table while jungkook works on the desk beside her, hiding his smile as she doesn't know everything is already set. he looks up at her, scrunching up his face and leans towards her, poking her tummy which earns an instant laugh from her lips.

"then you won't get any presents,"

"no," she grins and pushes his assignment papers aside, shifting on the place, resting her elbows on the table with her chin in her palms, "i wan' big gifts from everyone, you said i'm the princess."

"so? doesn't mean you'll get everything you want." jungkook smacks her head, making her frown at him, falling for his words which eventually brings her playfulness down, replacing it with a pout. "and start speaking like a big girl,"

"no, say you have gifts!"

"i don't," jungkook laughs, leaning back on his chair to avoid getting hit by the sister as she starts whining and smacking his arms and chest. "ah! stop stop! it hurts!" he pushes his feet against the ground, making the chair roll away from the desk.

"where is my gift?!"

"i don't have it," he shrugs, "i couldn't buy anything because you never left me alone this whole week. now there's nothing from me for your birthday,"

"noooo!" aera whines, jumping down from the desk and hits him again, "you're stupid!" she grumbles, storming out of the room, calling for the eldest brother while jungkook falls back on his chair, laughing at her.

meanwhile aera rubs her eyes, too hurt by the fact that his own brother- the real brother who shared the same blood as her- didn't get any birthday present for her, especially when she's turning ten tomorrow! that is next to being a crime in her eyes. the pout never leaves, accompanied by a deep frown of unhappiness and dissatisfaction with life as she strolls down the stairs, lost and hurt when yoongi's voice fills in her ears.

"hey, what's gotten you so upset?" he said, touching her chin gently to make her look up at him. aera pouts as she hugs his waist tightly, pointing upstairs with her right arm, having the left one wrapped around the elder's waist. "jungkook?"

"koo don't have any presents for me!"

"oh? and that means?" yoongi frowns, not quite catching what she wanted to say, making the girl whine more, stomping her foot on the floor.

"no presents for me!"

"ah okay, i get it," he nods slowly, "but presents for what?"

for a second yoongi wanted to laugh. he wanted to throw himself on the floor and roll about laughing at the priceless reaction he received from the almost ten-year-old in front of him. her lips tug down, eyes holding tears of betrayal and cheeks puffed a little as she's too upset with his words.

"you forgot appa?"

"uh forgot what? what are you saying, will you tell me everything in detail?"

aera looks down, sniffing softly, rubbing her eyes, melting yoongi's heart, making it hard for to keep up with the act of not remembering her birthday. when he tries to reach out for her, the child pulls herself back, not interested in him anymore and sits on the second last stair in the corner, resting her head on her arms wrapped around her knees.

"my child," yoongi could only mutter to himself, instead of lifting her in his arms and kiss her until she's smiling again, letting her know that her appa will never in his right mind forget his only princess's birthday.

but for the sake of the plan the boys made, he finds himself sighing at the thought, slowly backing away from her and pretends to mind his own business as though he wasn't a bit bothered by her little sniffles and her tiny finger tracing doughnut patterns on the sneakers she's wearing.