Vol 2. Ch 22 - Departure

A/N:
-Featuring "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by Chantal Kreviazuk.
************************************************************************

[Ichika's POV]

I was looking at my partner and I can see him trying his best to stay positive. Knowing him, he wants what's best for me but it pains me sometimes that he has to hide from me. He was really looking forward to spending more time together but I guess there's really nothing permanent in this world. All I can see now would be my loving boyfriend trying his best to understand the situation we are in right now.

"Hon? Where do you want to go next after our lunch?" I tried to smile at him in an attempt to change the topic.

"Hmm? Y-Yeah, maybe we can go on the top-most floor and take some pictures there?"

"Yeah! That sounds nice! Let's do that!"

We continued with our lunch. It's obvious that there's an elephant in the room, in our case, on this floor. I know he wants to talk about it but I want to divert his attention to me and the time we're having. After finishing our meal, he paid for the bill and we head outside the restaurant.

"Let's go to the top floor!" I grabbed his hand so we can go to the elevator.

The sky tower was really something. We can pretty much see the totality of Tokyo from where we're standing.

"Let's take a picture here!" I pulled him close to me and take a selfie with the city as our background.

I was holding his hand the whole time. I don't even care anymore if someone would recognize me. All I want to do now is make sure that he'll be happy. Because if he is, I couldn't ask for more.

"Oh, hon! Can you take a picture of me here as well? Maybe I can post this on Instagram!"

"Sure hon, let me do that for you." He smiled at me as I do a pose for him.

"One more!" I gave him another pose. "Lemme see!" I hurried toward him so I can check the picture.

"Here, we can do some bit of editing later so you can post it. I want you to look as beautiful as you can be for the world to see."

"Aww! Thanks, hon!"

We took a seat on one of the lounge chairs that were placed. While doing so, we just enjoyed the view from up here.

"Hon?" I felt his hand holding on to mine.

"Hmm?"

"Thank you..."

"For what hon? I should be the one thanking you since you're treating me!" I teased him which he just replied with a chuckle.

"Yeah, but I mean, really... Thank you... You already know it... But thank you..." He just gave me a sincere look wearing the best smile he could possibly give me.

I held his hand tighter. "Don't mention it hon. It's our date, right? Let's make the most out of it!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah! By the way, we'll go to an aquarium next if that's okay with you."

"It sure is! Wanna go there now?"

"If it's alright with you, yeah."

"Okay then!"

We head to where we parked the car and proceeded to the Aquarium he was talking about. It was just a short drive from where the Skytree was. We finally arrived at the 'Tokyo Sea Life Park'. There wasn't a parking lot on the Aquarium itself but fortunately, there was one nearby. After parking the car, we walked toward the Aquarium.