The Escape

Lyon and Dean vanished to another side of the house. Their steps hurried after I'd been placed on a random chair. Clari hovered beside me. She'd barked at a passing person to get me food and water, and I briefly wondered if they would do so when their lips curled at the order.

Leaning forward, I pressed my head into my hands and rubbed my temples. Flashes battered my closed lids and I frowned. It was happening too much to be just illusions, but what exactly was it?

I knew Dean's mother insisted it had to be something significant and important and that the veiled sister she had brought to me may have some knowledge of it too.

Clari paced and her steps echoed around the still room. My toes tapped in time to her steps. She had done what they couldn't. She knew the location. Gnawing on my lip, I peered up at her.

If what I saw or envisioned was true, then my boys were worsening, and we couldn't wait. Images battered my mind, my boys writhing in pain. Their voices echoed through my ears as if they were just down the hall screaming out my name. I shuddered.

"Clari?"

She twisted; eyes flashed over me before she knelt by my chair. "You ok?"

"Do you know the address?" Her brows furrowed, eyes darting to the door as she tilted her head. My hand gripped hers and I pulled her up as I jerked to my feet. "Do you?"

She nodded, her fingers clenching on mine as she grinned slightly. "And it's still coded on my laptop."

It was irrational. Stupid. Wild and not smart. But I was trembling, my heart pattering as my ears sung with the reminders of their screams. I didn't know what we would face but I couldn't wait around to see Dean, or the others deliberate and plan. It was time to act, to move, to do something.

Anything!

Just to try.

"Let's go."

We were at the front door, throwing it open when the first person noticed us. A voice called out, soft and feminine but it was ignored. Clari pulled me out when I went to glance back and soon, we were running. Other voices joined up, one was the sharp snarl from Jared and suddenly I was crashing into the passenger door as Clair dashed to the driver's side.

We dived in, locking the doors behind us as she shuffled to get the keys in. She was reversing by the time Dean appeared in the entrance. Eyes flaring amber, our gazes connected as she threw the car into gear and revved. Gravel and debris spat into the sky around us as she accelerated out of the drive.

"Oh my god, ok, fuck yeah!" Clari cheered as she increased speed down the narrow tree-lined path.

"Oh fuck," I gasped, my neck craning to stare out the back window. "Oh shit, what did we do?"

"DO? What needs to be done! We're getting the boys back and you away from those psychos! Seriously, Lys why didn't you leave sooner?"

"It's all messed up," I muttered, pushing to twist back around only for my eyes to fall onto a large black bag on her back seat. "Uh...Clari?"

"So, this is the address," she rattled on. Her fingers tapped at the screen of her phone, held before the dash by a stand. My fingers were prying the bag open.

"It doesn't seem so far away and really it's like so barren. I did a satellite scout on the area, don't ask me how I managed that. And..." She trailed off as my head twisted and my eyes were burning a hole into her cheek. She frowned, shooting me a glance, "what?"

"Why the fuck do you have more guns?" I questioned, prodding open the bag further to see what other weird things were stuck there.

"I didn't know what I was getting into," She shrugged as I sat back and blinked.

"A fucking mafia war?"

"Who knew, Alyssa?!" She snapped, turning off to a new road. Sighing heavily, she tapped at the phone screen again and bit down on her lip. "First the call about the boys being sick, then Dean, then you vanished. You just blinked out of my sights. I didn't know what to expect."

"How did you get them?"

"Don't ask and it'll be ok."

That was the end of that conversation, her tone was final, and I frowned at her. This was a different side to Clari than I'd witnessed before.

Though I couldn't say it wasn't warranted in some way, I'd caused her enough panic that I didn't blame her actions.

I was just confused and concerned as to how she was able to gather such weapons in such a short time

****
Midnight here!
Hi so yeah sorry about the delay and vanishing.
I seem to do it too much but life keeps getting in my way.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter and now it's beginning to build!
Let me know what you think :)