chapter 17

P R O P O S A L

"The clubs packed, don't you think?" Ayesha asks as we head to our tables next to each other

"I wonder why?" I ask and she chuckles.

"I'm sure they heard about your magical little body," she teases and I roll my eyes.

"Or about the freakishly flexible girl," I grin and she shakes her head.

"Freakishly?" she narrows her eyes at me and I can't help but laugh. "Now that's just cold," she whispers as we separate to serve our tables.

I hand the three guys their drink and Joey takes a sip before stopping me.

"Hey suga, you mind if I have a seat at the bar?" he asks and I look over.

"Sure," I nod. "Come on."

I lead him to the bar and he sits down. I walk around and put my hands down onto the counter top.

"Please don't tell me you're one of those guys who fall in love and become extremely clingy," I say and he smiles.

"I'm one of those guys who fall in love and want to spend every waking moment with her."

"So..." I trail off. "Clingy?" I smile and he chuckles. He gestures his drink towards me and takes a sip. "You're cute Joey," I nod and he smiles.

My smile immediately fades as Antonio walks up to the bar with the women I saw him with the other night.

He pulls the stool - next to Joey - back for her and she sits down. He sits down after and I feel blood rush to my head.

"Excuse me," I smile at Joey and he nods.

Why does the bar have to be so full tonight.

"What can I get you?" I ask looking between them and Antonio nods towards her.

"Look at you being a gentleman," she teases and the corner of his lips lift into a small smile.

I fought everything inside of me to not roll my eyes deep into my head.

"I'll have a cocktail," she smiles at me.

I nod, looking over at Antonio.

"Whiskey." Is all he says, not even looking up at me and I bite down onto my jaw.

I turn and start making their drinks.

Why do I feel so... angry.

I don't feel anything for him but somehow seeing him with another women fills me with... jealousy?

No way.

I feel my heart clench and my throat dry. I was squeezing the glass in my hand so hard, I'm surprised it didn't shatter right then and there.