Chapter Twenty- Nine: Punches

"Melina! Let Me IN!" Katie shouts as she bangs on Melina's Front door. It was early morning on August 31st and The girls had their first day of Senior year. The door Opens to reveal a hispanic women, her eyes crinkling as she smiles at Katie. "Hi Mrs Morales, is Melina ready yet? we're going to be late." She says to Melina's mom giving her a smile.

"Yes She's just in the bathroom, would you like to come in Mija? " She asks using the Spanish slang word for daughter. Katie gives her a polite smile and was about to say no when Melina's voice rang down from upstairs,

"Mamie We're running late can you give her the keys to the car so she can warm it up for me?" She calls down and flits back in the bathroom, her mother shaking her head.

"That daughter of mine, here you go," She says laughter in her voice as she hands Katie the keys. She thanks her kindly and heads back down the front steps and out the chainlink fence to the car. Ten minutes later the car was roaring to life and ready to go and Melina was finally emerging from the house, her mother fussing over her outfit as usual. When Melina finally manages to shake off her mother she quickly runs to the car and jumps in the Passengerside seat with no complaints.

"Drive Drive Drive we are going to be late and I really don't want to see Mr Alberts first thing in the morning." She says opening up a package of poptarts. Katie just smiles and Drives down the street heading for school, happy Melina didn't protest to her driving. The Girls chat about random nonsense all the way to the high school and finally after about fifteen minutes they were parking in student parking lot. Getting out Katie retrieves her bag from the backseat and waits for Melina to join her before heading inside. The sun hits Katie and Melina Gasp as something Green Flashes on her ring finger, quickly grabbing her hand Melina tugs her to the side onto the grassy lawn just outside the front doors. "Oh My Gundi What is THAT!" She breaths staring at the Claddagh Ring, the Alexanderite glittering a emerald green "Who gave you this?". Katie smiles and tugs the ring off her finger so Melina could get a better view.

"Turn it over and read the inscription, then tell me who its from." She says a smug smile on her face as she watches her friend turn it over and suck in her breath, her eyes going round with shock. She looks back up at her a huge smile mirroring the one Katie now wore.

"Oh My gundi Katie that is So Romantic! He's going to Wait for you for as long as it takes." Melina squeals handing her back the ring ,so she could once again put it on her ring finger, and pulls her close for a tight hug, "I'm so happy for you, you so deserve this!" She whispers in her ear. Katie couldn't keep the smile off her face as she holds up her hand watching the sun glitter off the ring, huggin her best friend close to her.

"Oh that's just disgusting get a room you freak lezbo's" A familiar and sickening voice says behind her, from the way Melina stiffened in her arms she could tell She too had heard the voice. Katie release her and taking a deep breath turns around to face the person the voice belonged to. Cade stood a foot away from them, a smirk on his face as his friends surrounded him snickering at the two girls. All the blood drains from her face as she stares at her attacker, memories threatening to over take her, but she pushes them down. Steeling herself she gatehrs her courage and scowls at him, her arms crossing in front of her chest.

"What the Fuck do you want Cade." She snaps malice tracing her every word. She watches with small satisfaction as his eyes widen with shock, he hadn't expected her to stand up to him. His posse backs up and quickly disperses, sensing this wasn't their fight. Cade goes rigid standing there staring at her. She Just rolls her eyes and turns her back on him facing Melina who was staring at them with pride filled eyes, proud she was standing up for herself. "Come on Lina lets go, no point waisting breath on this asshole." She says loud enough for him to hear.