Chapter 30

SUGA'S POV

She was about to feature in Jungkook's vlive and that irks me. I don't know what would be the reaction of the fans and anything negative would surely let her down examining the excitement she is having.

I turned on the laptop, sitting on the bed. I joined his live with a fake id to register the response.

Jungkook and Ari were sitting next to each other on seperate chairs.

"Armys meet Soo!" Jungkook announced.

She waved her hands to the camera, "Nice to meet y'all. I am Park Soo." She greeted formally. Her hands were trembling slightly but she managed it quite well.

+OMG he is so lucky to collab with BTS
+Jungkook looks so cuteee
+Suga marry me!
+He looks so young.
+Duh! Who even is he?

The comments were not appreciating but not disappointing either. Her eyes were set on the screen, going through all the comments with a sweet smile while Jungkook was speaking something.

+He is too girly for a man and too manly for a girl lmao
+He looks like a highschooler dumped between geniuses
+Suga marry me
+I imagined a beat boxer to be cool. Well I love you too Soo.
+Guys please. We always support BTS in their decisions.

Her smile faltered a bit and I was pissed off at Jungkook who was just looking at the next song to be played. If he decided to feature her on his vlive then he should be taking responsibility.

I couldn't take it anymore as the hate comments increased that were only mocking her, either for her face or her small body. I know what would shut them down - her talent.

My fingers worked on the keyboard as I added a comment.

+Soo, sing something for us. We love you.

And as I anticipated, there was a boom asking for the same.

+Yeah we want to hear the new artist.
+Mr Beat needs to rock!
+I know he must be needing autotune. He won't.
+Come on Soo.

Finally Jungkook looked at the screen, "Oh. All are asking for you to sing Soo."

A mild blush crept up her cheeks as she looked nowhere particular. "Sure," she mumbled. Come on girl, gather your guts and win the stage, I mean live.

"What do you want me to sing?" She asked in a dulcet voice. Her demure and timorous personality was quite on show today. I wonder how she managed to take this big decision to disguise herself as a guy. I think the reason was immaturity.

"Do a thing, I'll sing, you beat box. Okay?" Jungkook smiled and she nodded enthusiastically. I don't know why I felt nervous. If she messes this up, it'll take toll over her self confidence.

"How about Dynamite? I sing it and you add the beat," he said and she nodded jubilantly. Anyone could make out her excitement.

To my absolute mirth, she never messes up with impressing me. Each beat, each segment was covered by such professionalism that it took me by awe.

+He is soooo awesome
+Borahae Soo 💜💜
+Jungkook's voice is so sweet
+He is really talented
+He totally deserves the stage
+Can't wait for the album now

As they stopped and she read the comments, her smile stretched to the very extremes as it could. Her cheeks were kissed by a chrysanthemum-red hue, and her eyes squinted when she smiled. My own lips replicating her countenance. The live was ending and so I left it, still smiling.

Her nervous smiling face imprinted in the crevasses of my brain, reeling a sort of excitement within me. As I realised my stance, I shook my head. This should not be happening.

She came back in the room, dancing in the air. "Hyung, you know the fans loved my beatboxing," she chimed.

"Cool," I responded, not looking at her.

"And they said that they wait for the album. I cannot wait, I would show it to RaIm and... And..." Her smile dropped all of a sudden.

"And...?"

"I cannot tell Areum," she sighed.

"She can still listen to the music and praise Soo. Just feel the grandeur vicariously," I said and she forced a smile.

I felt disdain at her dull self. I like her frisky. My glance shifted to the side, "Would you like some cheesecake? I bought some and I think I bought more than what I can eat."

Her eyes shone like frost in moonlight, and her face bloomed. I picked up the packet from the bedside table and placed it on the bed. She ran upto me, sitting in front me, on the edge of the bed. Her eyes were still on the paper bag.

I pulled out the cake and opened the plastic covering from over it. She took the spoon from my hand in a haste. Obviously, Jerry got it's cheese.

She was quick in motions to take in a bite, her face melting dramatically.

"This is the tastiest cheesecake I ever had," she said.

"Really? I think it's a normal cheesecake."

She shook her head, taking another bite. "It's the tastiest because you brought it." She said absentmindedly but something jumped in my chest.

"You too, eat," she insisted.

"You can have it. I am not in the mood," I shrugged.

She took a spoonful and motioned it towards my mouth, "For my first live," she smiled and somehow, I couldn't deny taking in the sweetness of the cake and her smile.

"Only two tracks are left, then we release the album?"

I nodded.

"Wow, it's so exciting. Is this how you felt when you released your first album?"

"Yeah, somewhat. But it wasn't pure excitement, it was coalesced with nervousness and anxiety. We weren't that huge, we didn't had that support. Honestly, at that time we never thought of topping the charts. We just wanted to create music, follow and passion and gain just that much so that we aren't stopped from doing what we love."

She nodded softly, "How does it feel now?"

"It feels great and I feel proud. Sometimes it's exhaustive and tough, but the elation it brings is all worth it," I spoke.

"Hyung... I want you to never stop making music. Never. Never. Never. When you talk about music, your eyes glisten like gems on a king's crown. Like an entire new planet kissed my orange sun rays. I never said it because I never got the chance but when you produce music, you feel so real, so authentic."

I laughed a little, "What do you mean? I am not authentic otherwise?"

"Mhm," she shook her head, "I don't know, I only see the real you when you are making music."

"And what's that real me. Miss Extra Intelligent?"

"Don't kill me please," she giggled, "It's soft as a misted star. A little blurred, instead of the edgy being you portray yourself like the drawing of a five year old. It's like this cheesecake, soft, instead of the crust. Like... A mother's love."

"Write a song if you are in a poetic mood," I said, subsiding the weird feeling reeling through my mind. I was still processing, where did she find the soft me while all I did was be rude.

"Look," she said, "You trying to be cutting again."

"Shut up! And eat or go back," I hissed and she giggled. Am I being too lenient with her?

"Would you miss me after I leave?" She asked abruptly.

"Why would I?"

She pouted like a whiny kid, "You have to."

"Is that an obligation?"

She nodded, "You have to remember me, okay? Please. Even after I leave and maybe we never meet again. You have to remember me."

"And why is that? What if I don't want to?" I chuckled at her kiddish persistence. She is not the kind to be forgotten.

"Then too. Just remember, that you collaborated with me. Remember me as Ari, not just as Soo."

I nodded. I would obviously remember you, my first kiss.