13. Feeling out of control.

ALPHA XANDROS

             I felt restless and itching all over as I sat in my bed and tried not to think about the girl in the next room.  But the funny thing was I couldn’t think about anything else other than her.  It was like she was living in my brain 24/7 rent-free. 

         I fisted my hands as I heard her move around the bathroom, I could hear her humming and tried not to think about how her lip would be pursed and kissable right now.

          I could go in right now and do whatever I want to her but somehow she thought a chair to the door is going to stop me, it never will.  But I didn’t think she would appreciate me barging in when she was in the middle of her business.

          Gritting my teeth, I fell back on the bed and contemplated calling Veronica for the night.  I was jumping out of my body with something unexplainable and at least I could use her body to feel good for a few hours. 

         I quickly forgot about Veronica when my thoughts immediately went to what happened in the morning and I could feel my skin tingle and blood boil from inside.  I was hard and aching with no release in sight.  I licked my lips, trying to imagine what she would have tasted like if she had let me in.

          My mouth watered and I felt my skin break and my claws emerged from my cuticles atop of my human nails and I reeled in the snarl that tried to escape my mouth.

         My skin grew hot when I thought about her little moans and the harsh breaths.  It all felt innocent and exciting.  It was torture to just lay there and not do anything about it. 

          I took my phone out of my pocket and went to the calls logs, my finger hovered over the call button for Veronica but I couldn’t bring myself to press it.  At last, I seemed to drift off.  It was not surprising because I exhausted myself at work so that I wouldn’t be tempted to return to her room and harass her some more.

          I woke up in the middle of the night, restless and jittery; I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom which was unlocked.  After a leak, I tried her door and it unsurprisingly jiggled but didn’t open.

          I sighed and went to my room again and opened my laptop to see if I had any emails and replied to a few important ones before going to the Google search box and typing the name which was swirling through my brain for a couple of weeks now.

          Sylvia Holt. 

         There was nothing new to what I saw the day before and the day before that.  Just about the missing person poster and the details about her last whereabouts.  Good thing no one seemed to identify that I was the last person she talked to before she went missing. 

        I hoped her friend at the party didn’t connect it with me yet.  Because being a businessman in an area like this, everyone seemed to know who I am or at least which companies I own, and it could land me at disadvantage.  But I didn’t get caught.  Yet. 

           I closed the laptop with a huff and put on a pair of pants before going outside.  I walked towards the next room in the hallway. 

           The guard sitting before her room got up as I walked there.  I extended my hands towards him and saw him hesitate.  Something he never did.  That was why I had him put on her duty.  Koda never hesitated to kill a person if he thought they were a threat or never hesitated when he knows what I was asking for.

           I raised an eyebrow at him; he nodded like he was sorry, before handing me a single key.  I used it and went inside her room and locked it behind me and pocketed the key.