Chapter Thirty-One: Down The Dark Destructive Road

Katie Lays in her bed, her head feeling nice as she lays there in a blissed high, a smile on her lips. After the week she had had she needed this little pick me up. Han had stayed away from not that she minded, but whenever Bryan wasn't looking he would send a meaningful look at Katie,which she ignored every time. At night he would try to IM her but she had finally blocked him, she just couldn't face him and that humiliation again. School was intolerable, even though Cade wasn't in school his friends didn't hesitate to make Melina and Katie's school life a living hell. She wanted to give up, lay down and not get back up, go to sleep and never wake up, her only solice was the white powder in the film canister and she was running out. Sitting up her head swims and she shoots her hand out to steady herself as she grabs her cell phone,dialling the newest number programed into it.

"Yo It's Carl." The voice on the other end says making Katie Smile.

"Hey It's me Katie, I need more. how much for the normal?" She says not bothering to elaborate. She hears Carl snickering on the other end before answering. Carl was a 24 year old bum who hung around the school looking for new customers, Everyone knew who he was, not many approached him, but she did, she wasn't afraid of him.

"Normally for such a hot customer they pay in a different way, but your ass is under age, tell you what, wear something sexy, and I'll give it to you for free." He says, "You know where to meet me." he hangs up leaving Katie alone in her room with gooseflesh. She Didn't want to deal with him but if she wanted her drugs she had no other choice. Sighing she gets up and going to her closet she digs down to the bottom for the outfit she had worn to the rave last year with Melina knowing that that would be considered acceptable for "Sexy". When she finds it she snatches it up , grabbing her messenger bag that hung on hook in her closet, she stuffs it in there as she heads out the door. She goes down the hall and bangs on Mia and Bryan's door.

"Mia you in there?" She asks her high slowly wearing off, a headache forming, she needed more stuff soon, she bangs on the door again. "MIA?" she yells. The bathroom door opens and Han pokes his head out, a toothbrush sticking out of his mouth, toothpaste dribbling down his mouth. He says something inaudible and Katie just glares at him. "I cant understand you with toothpaste in your mouth." She snaps, her head pounding, sweat beading on her forhead. Han ducks his head back in the bathroom and spits it out in the sink and rinsing off the brush before turning back to her,wiping at his mouth.

" I said, she isn't here, she's at work, Bryan's at the shop fixing his car, Dom and Letty , are on a date." he says leaning against the door frame, "Where you going?" he asks spying her messenger bag. Katie gives him a look, she didn't want to be talking to him but if she wanted to meet up with Carl She had to find a way to use Han's car.

"Wanted to go out for a few, clear my head, was going to ask if Mia would let me use her car but that's out of the question now." she says looking down and leaning against the door. She hears Han go into his pocket and the sound of keys jingling. When she looks up she had just enough time to catch the keys to the Civic before they hit her in the head, "whats this for?" She asks looking at them then back at Han.

"I'm heading to The Edge to help Bryan, if you want drop me off there and you can use the car, just fill it up before you get back." he says pushing off the frame and heading to his room, "I'll just be a sec let me put on some work clothes," Katie follows him to his room and mills outside as he goes to his dresser, pulling off his shirt as he went. Katie sucks in her breath as she sees his well toned back. the muscles moving as he opened his dresser, digging around for clothes he didn't mind getting greasy. "Unless you want to watch me get fully undressed I suggest you turn around." He says not looking up. Katie blushes and turns around as she hears the sound of his zipper, resisting the urge to peek. She was still pissed off at him and really didn't want to be there, but if she wanted his car she had to play nice. "Alright I'm good." his voice says right behind her making her jump and whirl around to find him face to face with her, close enough to touch. She swallows the lump that formed in her throat and looks up into his eyes his emotions clear, but she couldn't do it, he rejected her. She backs up and sees the hurt on his face before it smooths away. He nods to the stairs and follows her down them and out the door, locking it on his way out. Katie slips into the Civic and waits for him to get buckled before backing out of the drive.