𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐃 → 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖

🖤

Shadow the hedgehog did not understand women.

He didn't understand why his girlfriend had been lying on the couch since the moment she got up in the morning, getting up every five minutes in what seemed like panic.

He didn't understand why she suddenly seemed so tired compared to yesterday, like something had happened over night.

He didn't understand why she couldn't go and get what felt like the hundreds of things she'd been asking for herself.

(Y/n) held a wrist to her burning forehead, (e/c) eyes barely being able to remain open as unbelievable exhaustion forced them to close. Heat radiated from the hot water bottle placed on her aching stomach, the comforting warmth tickling the pain that increased with every small movement.

A blanket enveloped her body, socked toes only just peeping out at the arm of the sofa as her neck rested on the other. Packets of snacks and all the other medication she had requested her boyfriend to bring for her were sprawled across herself and the carpeted floor.

(Y/n) carefully caressed the raised mound of blanket just below her chest, a small smile crawling across her drained face. The mountain of silky material shuffled, something fluffy peeping out seconds later.

(Y/n)'s smile grew as her cat's golden orbs locked with her own, whiskers shining in the crack of sunlight that shone between the curtains. Her fingers ruffled the (f/c) fur that nestled underneath the gentle feline's chin, satisfied purring rumbling through (Y/n)'s throbbing stomach.

Her smile grew as the door creaked open, revealing a slightly frustrated Shadow with more of his girlfriend's requests.

He'd only been gone for another few minutes to find the medication she needed to soothe the soreness of her stomach, but she missed him like he'd been gone for years.

Shadow groaned with annoyance, but gently passed (Y/n) the pills and drink she needed to take them.

She thanked him for about the millionth time of the day, swilling the fizzing medication as it clouded up the water within the cup.

"Anything else?" Shadow sighed, (Y/n) almost stopping in the tracks of her sip of the water at the beautifully deep tone of his voice that always made her heartbeat feel like it would burst from her chest.

The cooling sensation of the liquid felt like it cleansed the gritty feeling in her throat, her fluffy (f/c) cat that remained under the blanket continuing to soothe her stomach with peaceful purring.

"There is one thing..." (Y/n) answered honestly, the medicine already feeling like it was having an effect as she perked up a little.

Shadow sighed once more, a gloved hand massaging the headache that began to crawl into his skull. His crimson gaze scanned the horrendous amount of packets that already made the room look like a landfill site, no clue what (Y/n) could possibly need now.

"And what might that be?"

"You."

The movement of Shadow's fingers stopped dead, a smirk crossing his muzzle as he approached his girlfriend.

(Y/n) began to blush madly, quickly becoming aware of what connotations of that simple word could have meant.

Her cat suddenly stretched across her stomach, claws almost digging into the material of her clothing as she pounced to the carpeted floor.

(Y/n) turned to see her feline friend leave the room, as if she could sense what was about to happen and wanted to leave the couple in peace.

"But, you know not anything like that just because-" (Y/n) stuttered frantically in embarrassment.