Chapter 9

"Who the fuck is Gold?" "Uh-, Gold? Like..the yellow shiny rock??" I questioned him, confused, shifting around on a couch to find a more comfortable position.

"Nope!" Barbatos smiled at my idiotic answer, looking straight into my eyes. "Hmm.., perhaps I should use her real name to not confuse you with other materials." He pondered to himself out loud.

"..what's her real name?" I asked, tilting my head over to the side slightly, feeling a bit skeptical. "Maybe learning about this girl will somehow open up his past more." I thought to myself, unconsciously nodding my head a bit while thinking about it.

"It was..-oh dear, I could've sworn it was at the top of my head." Barbatos mumbled to himself, knocking on his head to try and jog up the memory. "Wait a moment please," he said with a smile on his face.

Without a warning, he opened his head up from the part of his forehead just above his eyebrows. He reached his hand up and duh it in, clearly moving his hand around trying to search for something.

"Ah-..AH!" I yelped, jumping back from my seat and nearly flipping and falling off the couch from behind. My mind in that moment couldn't even comprehend what I was seeing. It was so unbelievable that at that very moment I felt as if I was witnessing a miracle of an event happening.

"W-what are you-..HOW are you-?! What's even happening—..???!" I jumbled up my words, pointing my finger at him like some crazy person while he just sat there looking pretty and innocent, continuing to dig through his own flesh and bones.

"I'm a witch, remember? This is all magic~." He threw back a grin to me while carelessly digging around his empty skull, chucking out items as he did so.

I gagged at the sight, looking down at the floor to see the items he had dug out of his head.
It was all mostly just books-, and if I'm being honest, it was ALL just books with different covers but no titles. The designs of them were unique and were patterns that I'd never seen before.

"Ah-! Here it is!" He said in a cheery tune, holding up a book that was soaked in a somewhat red coating that I presume what his blood, but he smeared it off of easily that it didn't even leave a mark on it that I didn't consider it to be blood.

"What are those? I mean-, I know it looks like books but I don't know if what's inside of it can considerably call it a book." I tell him, feeling wary about this.

"They're memories stored inside a single book. I have lived for quite some time and need to organize my mind here and there from time to time!" He explained to him, making this sound as if this was completely normal. But it wasn't.

"I can still remember these sort of things without the book inside of them, but it can easily be forgotten about or erased if I forget to put it back within a spand of 25 hours." He informed me, rubbing the cover of the book.

This was an awful lot of information that he was giving me. This could come in handy if I ever needed to get rid of something suspicious or bad I do in front of him. 

I need to be prepared. This was an important detail.

"Ah that's right! Her name." He recalled, giving me a gently look and then focusing his eyes on the pages as he flipped to the front page. His finger slid across the thin sheet of it, pointing to the first word at the top of the page.

"Rhinedottir." He uttered. It sounded like a spell of some kind; ancient and forbidden. "This is the tale of the Great Sinner."

I sat up straight in my seat, arching my back to stay focused on his words.
"Hm, I don't think you would be interested if I sat here blabbing my mouth for the next hour or two." He said, tapping his chin.

"Then what do you plan to do instead?" I questioned, hesitating to ask more. God why am I so nervous? I'm not usually like this. Staying here has done a number on me..

A mischievous smile found itself a home on his face as he got up from his seat, walking towards me. I gripped my hands onto the couch's cushions tightly.

I had a bad feeling about this..

"Now, stay still Xiao~." He ordered me. Not like I had a choice anyways. Suddenly, he abruptly opened up the book and shoved it into my face. I felt my body being sucked into it as I screamed.

"What are you doing-??!" I yelled, though I don't think he heard me. A rush swirled inside of me as all I saw was white, and then my vision blurred, and I blacked out.

♡︎

(/ This was too long so I have to split it into 2 chapters😋)

AHEM sorry for being absent for a while..I was enjoying my Spring Break <3