Chapter 4. Unexpected Pt. 2

Kinsley

Once I saw my mom at the check out stand I ran even harder. I could hear feet pounding after me which had my adrenaline pumping and me freaked out. Good thing I was in cross country for two years.

"Thanks mom I will see you in the car!"

I grabbed the keys and ran out the store looking like a maniac but I didn't care. When I got to the car I unlocked it and got in. I looked around for the creepy mysterious stranger who I desperately wanted to run back into his arms and have him hold me all eternity. Pushing away those creepy thoughts I sighed in relief once I saw my mom come out of the store. She put the groceries in the trunk and got in. My mom started the car and we were off.

"Why did you run out like that?" She asked.

Should I tell her about my encounter with Mr Creepy guy or lie?

"I was a little bit freaked out because out of no where a toy fell off the shelf and it scared me! you know how paranoid I get."

My mom laughed

"There is something very wrong with you."

"Yes, yes there is."

I was still a little bit freaked out when I noticed a black car behind us. Once it would get close enough it would slow down and then speed back up. What the heck is up with this town?

"Are you okay honey?"

"Yes mom I'm fine."

"By the way you start school on Monday."

"Oh how lovely."

We pulled into the drive way and I helped my mom grab the groceries out of the trunk. I put them away and my mom started on dinner.

"What's for dinner." I asked.

"Meatloaf."

I grabbed an apple when my mom wasn't looking and I went upstairs to my room. There was nothing for me to do so I laid down on my bed till I fell asleep.

(her dream)

'I love you Kinsley forever!'

"No!" I yelled.

I ran out of the house and grabbed his body.

"Your gonna be okay! you will not leave me alone!!"

He gasped for air.

"Kinsley."

The tears streamed down my face and he moved one hand on my face. I leaned into his touch.

"Just know that I love you and you mean the world to me, take care of our pups and be strong I love you so mu-"

His eyes rolled in the back of his head.

"No! No! This can't be! I love you, you gotta wake up!! come on wake up!!"

I shook him vigorously.

"You can't leave me!" I cried out.

I cried into his chest still holding him tight. Someone put there hand on my shoulder. I looked up saw James and some warriors from the pack.

"Luna it's time to let go."

I just stayed silent.

He tried to get me off of him but I growled and they backed away. Then they picked me up.

"Put me down right now!!"

I used my Alpha voice

"I'm sorry luna."

'Mate mate I miss mate.'

she whimpered out.

'Me too.'

They picked up his lifeless body and he disappeared out of my site. I fell to the floor and started to cry some more. I can't believe he's gone.'

I shot straight up what was that? What's a mate? And who was this dude that I supposedly loved? I sat there for the longest time thinking about the dream. I've never had a dream like that before so why now?

"Dinner!"

I got out of bed and walked downstairs to see my dad sitting at the table with a smile on his face.

"Hey dad."

I kissed his forehead

"Hey pumpkin."

I sat down and mom brought out plates then the juice. She set the food out on the table and I served myself. I moaned as the mouth watering meatloaf touched my taste buds.

"This is fantastic!"

"You say that every time." She laughed.

"That's because your an amazing cook." I said.

I finished my food and then when I was done I put the dish in the sink. I walked upstairs to my room to go get ready for tomorrow.

"You have to be up before seven!"

My mom yelled after me. I changed into my sport's bra and a long T-shirt. I let my hair down which was wavey. Knowing that I went to sleep earlier I know I'm not going to bed any time soon. I sat in the window seat and opened it.

I looked around the woods and closed my eyes breathing in the fresh air. I felt the wind blow in my hair making me fell relaxed. When I opened my eyes I saw a pair of light brown eyes in the darkness. It just looked at me for a second then it howled and disappeared.

This is why I'm not going to go into the forest there is wolves out there and stuff.