Splitting Up

----- October 17th, 2014 - The Iron Lotus, Contraxia -----

Snow falls gently over the sleepy, pastel-colored town of wood and stone buildings. 

A bunch of people were at The Iron Lotus, a robot brothel and saloon. 

Many Ravagers, including the one and only Kraglin, as well as some Robotic Courtesans, are drunk and cackling, trying to catch snowflakes on their tongues.

Yondu Udonta is staring out from a window as he puts on his pants. He looks utterly disconnected and alone. 

Behind him are three Courtesans. One pushes a button on her neck and she powers down. 

"Yondu! Come on down!"

Yondu looks down at the street where an older Ravager, Tullk, stands. He drunkenly dances, waving for Yondu to join.

__________

Yondu exits his suite. 

Two bodyguards, Brahl and Half-Nut, salute and follow him as he descends the stairwell. 

At the bottom of the stairs a group of Ravagers in blue uniforms laugh. A gruff older man, Stakar, and a man seemingly made of diamonds, Martinex are among them. 

Yondu stops when he sees them. He's struck by shock, seemingly knowing him and not expecting to see him. 

Stakar laughs as he tells a story, "And I was like, 'Aleta, I love you, but you're crazy now, you always been'--"

"Stakar," Yondu calls out as he steps closer in trepidation.

Stakar looks over at him, finally noticing him. He is surprised to see Yondu.

Yondu continues, "Been some time. I'd--"

"Seems like this establishment is the wrong kind of disreputable."

The blue-coats turn and walk away.

Stakar glances at the proprietor as he passes her, "There are a hundred Ravager factions. You just lost the business of ninety-nine by serving one."

Yondu stands there for a moment, hurt, as they walk away. But, little by little, his hurt turns to rage and he follows after them.

Yondu trots quickly toward Stakar and the others, "You can go to hell then! I don't give a damn what you think of me!"

Stakar turns back toward him, furious, "Then why you following us for?!"

"'Cause you're gonna listen to what I gotta say!"

"I don't gotta listen to nothing!," Stakar retorts, "You betrayed the code! Ravagers don't deal in kids!"

"I told you before! I didn't know what was going on!"

"You didn't know 'cause you didn't want to know, 'cause it made you rich!"

"I demand a seat at the table! I wear the flames same as you!"

"You may dress like a us but you'll never hear the Horns of Freedom when you die, Yondu!.. And the Colors of Ogord.. will never flash over your grave," Stakar pauses for a moment, composing himself, before grabbing Yondu by the collar in a nonaggressive way, "If you think.. I take pleasure in exiling you... you're wrong.... You broke all our hearts."

Stakar and the others storm away. Martinex stays a moment, staring at Yondu, and then moves on too.

Yondu is left alone, shaken as the white snow falls gently on his blue face.